Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1061 - 1077 of 1077 Posts

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,831 Posts
I wish so but no, still just hobbies. The enthusiasm is still there, especially for new projects, but I'm physically not as 'fired up' as I was 15 years ago!
I see your point! But I hope you are still in healthy condition. Since we have a daughter the time for projects outside the family corridor was massively reduced. But hey, she get's older and more independend (now 10 years old), more free time is coming slowest back...I do ghetto workout and eat less industrialized food to keep myself fit to utilize that won time in future :D. What's your recept?

Yes and I saw your message but I"m not quite sure what you want to know. Let me know and I'll pull one of the injectors and see what I can come up with!
Oh, I have to work on my expressiveness. I bought 8 RDX fuel injectors to do a two staged fuel setup on my 2022 ccm engine project. The ECU needs exact injector data like dead times and fuel flow in relation to battery voltage and fuel pressure difference to have an accurate speed-density-model.

Here in Europe I didn't find a service shop who can measure dead times yet. There are many shops which measure flow flux on one or more fuel pressures, but dead times seems to be a non-worth business for those.

Are people seeing my photos? because I'm not seeing any. Only the alter videos.
One can see these photos only on Tapatalk App, with the PC-web browser it can't be seen. We observed this also in the thread of kr3w108. I am not sure what is the issue, I guess the empiler symbols around the links.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,063 ·
I can see the photos on my iPad using Firefox browser!

Peter

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wow, what a great thread! Spent most of my weekend going through it!

Hoping to see more event updates this year

I had a few questions about the engine setup, as I'm busy with a mild K24a3 project myself, to be swapped into my FN2.

From the dyno graph it appears thr rev limit is set to 7500rpm. What RPM do you tend to shift at? I also noticed you not utilising a sump baffle, any plans for this in the future?

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,066 ·
Wow, what a great thread! Spent most of my weekend going through it!

Hoping to see more event updates this year
I haven't driven the Civic much lately - been busy with another project. We'll probably have it out for a run mid-year. Thanks for the enthusiastic comments too! Glad you enjoyed the read.

I had a few questions about the engine setup, as I'm busy with a mild K24a3 project myself, to be swapped into my FN2.

From the dyno graph it appears the rev limit is set to 7500rpm. What RPM do you tend to shift at? I also noticed you not utilising a sump baffle, any plans for this in the future?
I use the lights on my Haltech IQ Dash and don't look at the revs. I think the tuner set the limit conservatively as I told him I want longevity as opposed to out & out power.

Never used a baffled sump! Never had any problems, and I've owned five race cars. Always check my oil levels.

Peter

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,067 · (Edited)
Hello everyone on the k20a Forum. I'm still around - a little bit older and hopefully somewhat wiser. As I approach 70 years of age I have slowed my participation in all things motorsport/car modifying etc. I haven't stopped - I've still got an ED6 (your EF) I'm putting a B16a into, my original EH9 Civic VTi (4 Dr) with a B16a Type R spec motor, and I still have the EG Civic with the K24a3.

I recently decided to retire from active motorsport, and have sold the last project which was a Suzuki Swift Sport race car.
Working on three projects at once, albeit slowly, does see the time 'fly' past. As well as the two B16a projects I'm undertaking a strip and rebuild on the EG Civic racecar. I've learnt a lot more since I started that build back in 2013 and I'm hoping to implement some of that knowledge in this 'rebuild/freshen up'!
Peter

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,831 Posts
Hello everyone on the k20a Forum. I'm still around - a little bit older and hopefully somewhat wiser. As I approach 70 years of age I have slowed my participation in all things motorsport/car modifying etc. I haven't stopped - I've still got an ED6 (your EF) I'm putting a B16a into, my original EH9 Civic VTi (4 Dr) with a B16a Type R spec motor, and I still have the EG Civic with the K24a3.
Hello Peter, very nice to read from you, was a long time no read here. I searching an ED6 basis to swap in a monster B16 project engine with DAMPFHAMMER technology. Great you still have your project car, you have documented here (EG6 chassis with the 99 mm strocker).

Congratulations to your 70th birthday, I whish you a lot of satisfaction, a bunch of luck an overall a strong health!

...in 2013 and I'm hoping to implement some of that knowledge in this 'rebuild/freshen up'!
Would love to see this here in your thread.

Markus

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,069 · (Edited)
Would love to see this here in your thread.
Markus
I had a feeling you would be the first to reply Markus! :D
I'm just putting together some new parts so that I can update everything, as well as 'fix' some other untidy things.
I have already stripped the car of its old livery and hoping to implement something 'fresh & new'.
I will post some photos as I go!
Peter

My last project 2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 1.6L - now sold:

My current projects:
1991 Civic ED6
Engine: B16a2
Other: conversion to hydraulic gearbox and clutch
Paint: Gloss White

1994 Civic EH9 - my original car (one owner since new)
Engine: JDM B16a (Type R spec, Arias pistons)
Paint: Alfa Romeo Gun Metal Grey

Attachments

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,464 Posts
I'm just putting together some new parts so that I can update everything, as well as 'fix' some other untidy things.
I have already stripped the car of its old livery and hoping to implement something 'fresh & new'.
Peter

View attachment 104676

My current projects:
1991 Civic ED6

View attachment 104680

View attachment 104682

View attachment 104678

View attachment 104683

View attachment 104684
These are some great looking builds . I love the details. What kind of paint is that on the b series gearbox and engine ? Very cool to be able to have multiple projects that all look so complete.

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,464 Posts
Peter

View attachment 104676

My current projects:
1991 Civic ED6

View attachment 104680

View attachment 104682

View attachment 104678

View attachment 104683

View attachment 104684
Do you have any pictures of the k24 car currently ?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,072 ·
These are some great looking builds . I love the details. What kind of paint is that on the b series gearbox and engine ? Very cool to be able to have multiple projects that all look so complete.
Thanks for your kind words. I've been reading through some of your thread over the last couple of days too. Good work!
On the EH9 the paint on the engine and gearbox is 2X Rustoleum Winter Grey, and the accents are Seaside Gloss. Topcoated with 2X Clear Gloss to prevent fading.
The projects are far from complete. In fact I should have finished the ED6 two years ago but I stopped and started the rebuild of the EH9. In between that I built the Suzuki.
Peter

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,464 Posts
Thanks for your kind words. I've been reading through some of your thread over the last couple of days too. Good work!
On the EH9 the paint on the engine and gearbox is 2X Rustoleum Winter Grey, and the accents are Seaside Gloss. Topcoated with 2X Clear Gloss to prevent fading.
The projects are far from complete. In fact I should have finished the ED6 two years ago but I stopped and started the rebuild of the EH9. In between that I built the Suzuki.
Peter
Thankyou ! It’s been a fun journey with my coupe. I’m jumping around the old pages of this thread now trying to see what pictures survived 😅

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,464 Posts
It looks like this thread was full of great pictures , I spend so much time looking through old ones on here it’s a shame almost all don’t support the picture links anymore. It’s an interesting read to say the least 👍

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,075 ·
Do you have any pictures of the k24 car currently ?
I do but its not pretty! Over time a lot of dirt and dust has collected on it.
When I purchased the shell it had a dent just behind the door edge (under my name). I've had to repair it again, hence the undercoat in that area.
I've got some new wheels for it (I still like the JDM wheels that are on it) and plan on fitting up some used semi slick tyres (TOYO R888R) I just purchased.
I'm also planning on re-doing all the brake lines and the 3" exhaust.

Peter

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,076 ·
It looks like this thread was full of great pictures , I spend so much time looking through old ones on here it’s a shame almost all don’t support the picture links anymore. It’s an interesting read to say the least 👍
Yeah Photobucket shut down a few years ago (before re-opening) and that's where I kept all my car albums. They didn't give me much warning!
I moved my library to TinyPic and then they shut down too!

I've still most, if not all, of the photos and I actually started to look at how I could replace them. It would be a mammoth job reading each post and then trying to decide what photo(s) would go in there. I might be able to get some of the more interesting posts done - we'll see. I am retired and we are locked down here in Sydney due to COVID-19!

This was the car when I bought it. It's an EG3 and over here it was a cheap variant called "Breeze".

Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,464 Posts
Wow still locked down ? I hope they can safely lift te restrictions soon. Business is all too usual over here in Oregon. Traffic , grocery store lines, I miss the empty streets 😂. I really like that color of the hatch , especially a rhd 👍👍

1061 - 1077 of 1077 Posts