Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hello! i want to do my own harness in European dc2 specR Integra 1998 as i will insert a k24 engine.. :up:

For starters i will use PRC ecu.

question 1: I need to use write up that is for EK or EG?

i hope i need to use that simple harness for EG which one has one relay.

Also question 2: I am confused about relays. Which one relay i need to use? Do i need to remove some relay from my car or buy new one? Or do i need to connect extra wires to it?

question 3: do i need to wire the DLC?

question 4: can i run/start my engine without Lambda sensors? i will add them later.

Thank you for your time! Greetings from Latvian honda club! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello! i want to do my own harness in European dc2 specR Integra 1998 as i will insert a k24 engine.. :up:

For starters i will use PRC ecu.

question 1: I need to use write up that is for EK or EG?

i hope i need to use that simple harness for EG which one has one relay.

Also question 2: I am confused about relays. Which one relay i need to use? Do i need to remove some relay from my car or buy new one? Or do i need to connect extra wires to it?

question 3: do i need to wire the DLC?

question 4: can i run/start my engine without Lambda sensors? i will add them later.

Thank you for your time! Greetings from Latvian honda club! :)
Hello kricha87 im from México and speak little english but let me try.
Question 1. Is your car obd1 or obd2?

Q2. Your car have a main relay this relay works like 2 relays, you must add only 1 for the primary o2 sensor, you can add this relay later if you want.

Q3. If you want to scan your car you need the dlc to get the trouble codes, but if you have the hondata kpro, you don need the dlc, you can see the codes on the display

Q4. You can start the engine without the primary or secondary sensor but you must have the inmobilizer disabled.

I hope this can help you, by the way i have a diagram of my own race wiring if you need let me know [email protected]

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi, I'm trying to wire the DLC for my k20a2 97 Integra. DLC pin 15 is a GRN/WHT wire that connects directly to the ECU pin C8 (TXD/RXD on the b-series harness). This looks like the k-line to me so I just moved pin C8 from the b-series harness to pin E23 on the K-series harness, correct?

Also, DLC pin 13 is a BRN/BLK wire that goes to the location A9 LG1 (logic ground) on the b-series harness. I assume this wire will go to location E3 on the k-series harness. If that's right, do I just jump wires A9 and E3. I would simply move pin A9 to E3 but there is already a BRN/YEL wire at E3 so I would either have to jump the two wires or replace E3 with A9. I hope this all makes sense. I've included the diagrams I'm going off of to help.

As for the rest, WHT/RED is a 12v, BLK is just a regular ground, and the LT Blue wire can just be left alone since it appears to be SRS, right? Is this all I need?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi!
I was wondering maybe somebody has a readymade diagram for a 91`crx?
That would be greatly appreciated, because would save a lot of time.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The CRXs are like the S14 Nissans, every year/trim is different inside the cabin. Some of the EKs are like that too. Not sure about the EGs, only swapped one of them.
any schematic would be grat, the rest i could figure on my own.

i have no problems with wiring and i can do it on my own, but i just wondered maybe i can use something ready made.

·
Registered
69 Posts
any schematic would be grat, the rest i could figure on my own.

i have no problems with wiring and i can do it on my own, but i just wondered maybe i can use something ready made.
this one was under "crx si/hf"

and this one was under "crx std"

Is this kind of what you need? Lmk if you need something more specific.

·
Registered
12 Posts
this one was under "crx si/hf"

and this one was under "crx std"

Is this kind of what you need? Lmk if you need something more specific.
sorry if i didnt make my self clear, but i was talking about a diagram of a conversion harness. on one side the k wiring which then leads to corect places in the crx wiring.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm trying to save few bucks and starting to learn about building a harness I've done wire tucks but this is a whole new adventure. Just asking a lil help adapting the eg diagram to a crx I could pm you don't want it to be public

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can someone explain this for me please
"Jump wires 7 and 8, this will let you tap the output from the Fuel pump relay to A7 at the stock ecu harness. Jump 3 to 5, this will let you tap the Ign signal at A25 on the stock ecu harness.

A7 for fuel pump
A25 for Ign signal
D1 for Batt+ (make sure to change the fuse under the hood from 7.5amps to 30amps.)

Main relay looks like this.

- - - -
8 6 - 2
- - - -
7 5 3 1

1 Bat+
2 GRN
3 A25
5 IGN
6 St switch
7 Fuel Pump
8 A7"

Do i jump 7 & 8 to pin A7? Or do i ad a wire from 8 to A7?
And
Same with 3&5?

·
Premium Member
10,293 Posts
Can someone explain this for me please
"Jump wires 7 and 8, this will let you tap the output from the Fuel pump relay to A7 at the stock ecu harness. Jump 3 to 5, this will let you tap the Ign signal at A25 on the stock ecu harness.

A7 for fuel pump
A25 for Ign signal
D1 for Batt+ (make sure to change the fuse under the hood from 7.5amps to 30amps.)

Main relay looks like this.

- - - -
8 6 - 2
- - - -
7 5 3 1

1 Bat+
2 GRN
3 A25
5 IGN
6 St switch
7 Fuel Pump
8 A7"

Do i jump 7 & 8 to pin A7? Or do i ad a wire from 8 to A7?
And
Same with 3&5?
looking over the schematic quickly, to me it looks like you unplug the main relay and jump wires 3 and 5, then you will have an ignition signal at the car's factory ecu plug a25, allowing you to wire it to where it needs to be.

you do the same with pins 7 and 8 on the main relay, allowing ecu plug side a7 to have the fuel pump trigger

I may be missing something without looking closely (will do later today) but that's the quick answer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the reply drtye im like breaking mybhad on the first part the rest is simple.
Now is that all have to do? As far as what whe says about the wires he tapped . Is that all im suppose to do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey kazino42.

i´m totally new to the honda wold.
i have a fiat x1/9 where i´m potting a K20a2 ind.

the wires that you have draw, are those the only one the ECU need to run the engine.
"beside the engine lop"

81 - 100 of 100 Posts