Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nope that was junk2 quality and manufacturing at it's best, you had to buy the cam gear to get there defective cams zero'd out. Quality
ok cool.well i been hearing nothing but bad stuff about the skunk2's but everyone local has made some nice numbers and has been recomending them so its a tricky decision lol .for the price of $460 i might just dive in and try them out.there the version 3's so i heard skunk2 finaly fixed there problem lol

·
Premium Member
19,965 Posts
Nope that was junk2 quality and manufacturing at it's best, you had to buy the cam gear to get there defective cams zero'd out. Quality
supposedly some Kelfords were like that too,misground for one reason or another and the lobe centers were off.SOMEone on here had made a thread about it,or mentioned it,but I'm lost as to who or where said thread is.

·
Registered
21,788 Posts
every motor is different. it is hard to tell sometimes what cams may make X more or less over or under another.

remember that people. Dont get fixated on a number either. go by how the car feels:up:

·
Premium Member
19,965 Posts

·
The Professional
1,873 Posts
supposedly some Kelfords were like that too,misground for one reason or another and the lobe centers were off.SOMEone on here had made a thread about it,or mentioned it,but I'm lost as to who or where said thread is.
Myself and a couple members on 8thcivic had problems with them. My car wouldn't start after they were installed so everyone chalked it up to bad cam grounds. Replacement set was sold to a clubrsx member and he ended up making 260/200 on an oem tsx motor. -___- Blueprint = zero quality control.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Myself and a couple members on 8thcivic had problems with them. My car wouldn't start after they were installed so everyone chalked it up to bad cam grounds. Replacement set was sold to a clubrsx member and he ended up making 260/200 on an oem tsx motor. -___- Blueprint = zero quality control.
Interesting... I was actually going to buy their newly designed stage 2 for my ported, 12.5:1 k24 with a RRC to put in my FG

21 - 33 of 33 Posts