Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Mixwell's attempt to K24 an AP1

61K views 360 replies 42 participants last post by  LotusElise 
#1 · (Edited)
EK24a2. Meh. Was fun, really fun. Now moving on. Waiting on a guy to purchase my shell after he does his taxes, and that should pay for most of the parts I need to get this done.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Performance car Sedan

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper Hood

Here is the s2000 (2002)

Just got the carbon fiber roof. Need to take it back off and strip the soft top and frame and motors (90 pounds worth of shit I hear and the top weighs 26ish).

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Honda s2000

Found a Berks UHV Dual Exhaust. Should be here soon.

Exhaust system Auto part Pipe Automotive exhaust Muffler

Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Spoke Auto part

I won a set of brake rotors from www.r1concepts.com on Facebook on Friday...

MAD PROPS TO R1CONCEPTS!

www.r1concepts.com
www.facebook.com/r1concepts

That's it for now.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Reserved for notes:

03/16/16

this build took a huge turn after the purchase of a v160 supra transmission. had to learn how to build/design/machine an adapter plate to work with the k series engine.

keep in mind that the runout from engine to trans needs to be within .005 of an inch for the bearings' longevity.

#6 ·
The part out is going better than expected. My have to make a for sale thread for the stuff I can't sell on houston.

Also been kicking around the idea of a supercharger, but will need to mount it facing the opposite direction.

So maybe k24a2 supercharged ap1? This is dreamer stuff right now, but at least the kswap isn't.

.good.thing.i.work.at.a.machine.shop.

#7 ·
going to order the clockwise baffle next week just for shits and giggles. i'm waiting for my friend to finish making payments on my ek shell before i order most of my kit parts ballade sports.

but seriously, i need to fab up a plate like this:

#9 ·
Yea, my only enemy is time. Wish I had more money to put into the motor.

My exhaust came in, but haven't had time to put it on. (Bolts up into the factory location.). Need to finish putting my interior back together. Have new oem seats and just removed my soft top.

Here's a preview of the exhaust.

Berk's Dual UHV. I picked this because this is the only one I saw for the s2k that opened up after the collector. A single would have been better for performance, but doesn't look at good. This was my next option.

See the OP for pics of the rest of the exhaust.

#12 ·
So I've named her Tamekia, Tia for short. Why? Well the meanest blackest thing I ever met was named Tamekia.

Forgot to mention that the s2k comes with EPS. So, I get to keep power steering...!

Anyways, I have more room in my garage now.

Next I'm taking the s2k to the dent doctor and will be getting the body to 100%. Looking for an ap2 rear bumper. To complement the rest of the ap2 rear end parts I have collected. Sheit, may pull the motor to have the bay painted too, but that depends on timing.

#13 ·
Cleaning my garage once I get back into town.

Still need to put on my coilovers, in addition to my exhaust.

Oil baffle came in today. Clockwise motion.

Ap2 tails

Ap2 spoiler

Anyone interested in this bys style spoiler?

#20 ·
Parts are starting to come in.

S90 70mm B Series Style Throttle Body. K Series won't work (as well). Too flipping bad too because I have a spare RRC with 70mm Hybrid Racing Throttle body with a new K-Tuned TPS sensor on it. **shakes fist** at least I can use the RRC on my daily 8th gen civic Si...

Metal Auto part Machine Steel Metalworking

I hope that this will bolt up like it would to a civic. Boosterless Wilwood Master Cylinder. In this pic, I'm looking at the remote ballast setup.

Footwear Finger Material property Hand Nail

Dropped my exhaust the other night and installed the Berks. Won't have time to go to an exhaust shop to level out my mufflers until this weekend.

Floor Bumper Auto part Flooring

Automotive exhaust Auto part Exhaust system Muffler Catalytic converter

Automotive tire Tire Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part

#21 · (Edited)
I have almost everything. Just waiting for Magnus to finish the intake manifold and ballade to ceramic coat the exhaust manifold.

I might put down on a tucked radiator... Who knows....?

Just got back from Vegas. Drove there (22 hr drive), flew back. I hope to put some work in this weekend, but I'll get some pics up soon.

#26 · (Edited)
Supposedly, this is their first production run from their fabricator. Looks nothing like the pic, and the chrome coating is a turnoff. Supposed to be a ceramic coat, but did not expect a chrome ceramic. it's a polished ceramic, and ballade offer a different coat instead. did not offer a different material.

I was happier with my hybrid racing budget header I had for my ek.

Sending this piece back with the quickness.

ASP here I come.

**edit** i was expecting more from the header, but i'm willing to spend more to get what i want. customer service is pretty quick at ballade though, fyi.

#27 ·
Update. My Magnus manifold is off a little where you bolt down the fuel rail. DAFAQ!

Have a lot of stuff going on in life out and haven't had a chance to mess with the project until this weekend.

Got the engine out, sold. Will be designing my own header. Wish I was Baller enough to build the motor and put FI on it, but that can wait. Slowly learning I have more bills than wanted after buying my house.

Looks like I can get AC to work. Houston summers are the worse.

Adaptor plate and flywheel. Fucking thing is heavy. 15 pounds.

FX350

Innovative mounts. Wish I would have known one of the mounts will be in front of everything on the support bar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.