Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a eg with a K20A2 running on stock ecu for now. I got a zex dry 50 shot nitrous set up basically for free. But I got to looking and the only kit zex offers for a rsx-s is their wet kit, and the dry to wet conversion kit is like $300, which I am not trying to part with! From what I understand the dry kit uses a vacumn line off the manifol that goes into the "control box" then comes out and connects to the vacumn line on the stock Fuel pressure regulator. I'm guessing the box simlply raises the fuel pressure to richen the a/f ratio. The question I have is could I just connect the vacumn line coming out the control box to the Aeromotive FPR I am using. It has a vacumn/boost reference of 1:1. And then that should work like on a normal B series engine setup. Like said I am running on the stock ecu for now and have no way of tuning it, but I am a tech at Honda and have hds software on my lap top so I can at least check to see how it is running:up:! Is this even worth doing? Will I see anything great from a 50 shot or will I probably just do harm to my engine?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I wouldn't trust the box to control the fuel. There is a way to convert it for less than $300. I would say maybe $120-$150 bucks at most.

Solenoid
Wet Fogger
-3 Braider line
-3 to 1/8th npt fitting
Brass T
and some other misc.

Take apart the Purple Box and run the same positive and negative from the nitrous solenoid to the new solenoid so that it activates your nitrous and fuel at the same time.

Done, wet kit.

·
Registered
327 Posts
With an EG u should have kpro.... so just use the dry kit, dont hook up the vacum line and tune it on the dyno. The kpro can supply the extra fuel u need

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
that's if his injector are not maxed out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya i know I need k-pro bad! But for the time being if I added the wet solenoid you think it will be running properly (a/f ratio)? Do you really notice a big difference with a 50 shot?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I went from 12.50's all motor to 11.80's on 50 shot of spray zex dry kit. I had kpro though and used it just as zex recommended. We retarded timing 2degrees through kpro and also tuned the fuel through kpro nitrous parameters. I liked it just wanted more power so went boosted. I also had the same dry kit on my stock b16 crx 75shot though and was going 12.1's from 14.30's on motor.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I found a wet conversion Kit offered from NX or NOS can't remember and its only $150, Has everything i will need. Now I was just wondering if anyone knows what size Fuel jet I would use with a 50 shot of nitrous?

·
Registered
327 Posts
So I found a wet conversion Kit offered from NX or NOS can't remember and its only $150, Has everything i will need. Now I was just wondering if anyone knows what size Fuel jet I would use with a 50 shot of nitrous?
depends what kit u get.. they use diffrent jet sizes.. look on there website.:up:

·
Registered
441 Posts
dont convert to wet kit just for a 50 shot. thats a waste of time.

take the brain box apart and just use the solenoid.
but before you do anything. .get kpro.
youre only hurting your car if youre not tuned and forcing power down your motors throat.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya I will be getting k-pro after the first of the year. But for now I just got the fuel solenoid I will just be taking it easy on the bottle. Whats up josh. did you ever get a new 02 srnsor for you car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ya I will be getting k-pro after the first of the year. But for now I just got the fuel solenoid I will just be taking it easy on the bottle. Whats up josh. did you ever get a new 02 srnsor for you car.
no not yet which really sucks cause i desperatly need tuned now that the bottle is on and ready to go, im just excited and anxious at the same time

1 - 13 of 13 Posts