Well, the week was cracy. It began 600 km away from home, where I recognized I forgot my ECU. Called my wife to sent it after. Said, done. DHL Express. The next day I worked on the engine harness and sensors to replace what was just for improvisation. Get bored the afternoon, watching the tracking...no track infor available. Called DHL Express several times, but none of them known my package.How did it go?
Not too bad M111, I've learned a lot beside the theoretical aspects of the systems around engine development. That has a great value for me, even I've learned it the hard way. But all the failures could be repaired. Sure there are some open questions and further recognitions out of the data analysis, which has to be clarified.That's a pretty bad run of luck there, hope you have a better start to this year!
I heard gaseous flow from blow by and intake, but only a slight. I have to say the local air pressure supply was only at 5.5 bar, the leakdown-tester-valve is calibrated for 7 bar. So the test result isn't of best quality. It was more a differential measurement as an absolut measurement value.Did you work out where the air was escaping during the leak down test? Would be nice if it was just something like tight valve clearances,
That was a amizing week. On Monday afternoon we went back to Berlin and were allowed to stay at my friend Casi again. The man helped me so much, I hope I can make it up to you! My cart was still being tested in Finowfurt, where it stayed safely over the holidays and was still clamped.Any news?
Thanks Jeff. Yes these are challenging lessons. One of the members here is willing to to support me with a NPQ3 gearbox. It has no LSD, something I want to test, because the slow corner driving with the Y2M3 LSD was a straight car aligning feature, dictating directions I didn't like. Solution was power slide or keep the foot calm around the 270° corner, which is no everytime solution if you want to win a Slalom. The Elise has a 33/67 front to rear weight ratio, with more torque and a much bigger TB the effect of an too light front will increase. We will see what happen without LSD.Oh dear. Sorry to hear of your drama. I have learned over the years to do everything. Anything you don't do you need to recheck it. That's my rule. I build my own engines, gearboxes, etc. With looms, I solder every connection, even the crimp ones. Except for the Motec mil connectors and DTM that use a special crimp tool. Then I use tefzel wire for added safety. That way you can only be disappointed with one self.
I have had many setbacks and kept pressing on. I have finally achieved everything I hoped for from my K motor's performance wise and the Quantum GP700 handling wise. So will you with you motor.