Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
wont happen...

You will need to be spraying N20 if you want that much power.. I got a friend with a k20 on 13 psi with water meth and 9:1 comp. on a nice cold day in ohio like today 10 degrees or so. He may have around 350

you will get much better power and torque out of the k24 if you can sacrafice revs

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
another question... What head are you going to use? 3 lobe or 2 lobe vtec?

i think you could go with more than 8 psi on that setup. Or keep a bit hight compression. Try and get some 10:1 pistons and run about 9 psi with some stage 2 cams and you will be a lot happier IMO

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
well, if you check around on clubrsx there are RSX type s's running 11.0:1 compression on 11 psi with water meth and have been doing so safely for a while. Thats why im telling you if you want to drop your compression to 10:1 run about the same boost which will ultimately drop air intake temps and require a little less h20/meth.. THe meth is great for increased octane though.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Just slap a charger on a K20A2 head and mate it to your K24 block with some decent rods and pistons, or even stock TSX rods and pistons if your cylinder walls are not to worn.
Screw all the head stuff, you don't need the pnp, valve, etc.
Maybe some cams.
Just tune it with some 11.0 pistons or higher.

yeah you start going 11. or higher and its such a bitch in hot weather. I think 11:1 is the max i would go. I had a k20a block mated with my type s head and when i got started tuning it i was getting rediculous knock.. im talking 200 some counts on a 3rd gear pull.

I finally got it lowerd down to 10-20 range. But that was not good for me. So i pulled the blower off and sold it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts