Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I in need of some advise on what should be good for this.

Alright i am want to build a motor around 400 Hp
A: will be on 8PSI from a JRSC (Jackson Racing S/C)
b: meth injection
C: Carillo Rods
D: Wiseco 9.7:1 Pistons
E: Stainless valve(input needed*)
F: mild Head PnP
g: valve springs and ti- retainer(input needed)
H: some "stage 2 cams"
I: K-pro
J: Stock K24A1 crank
K: redline around 7700 rpm

Any input will be great!!

Another Question I have a chance to buy either a k20a2 Short Block instead of the k24A1 Which would you use?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
wont happen...

You will need to be spraying N20 if you want that much power.. I got a friend with a k20 on 13 psi with water meth and 9:1 comp. on a nice cold day in ohio like today 10 degrees or so. He may have around 350

you will get much better power and torque out of the k24 if you can sacrafice revs

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i have come to conclusion of just using the k24, i don't really care about rev a motor to 10k. i see what your saying but your friend has less displacement and lower c/r, i still do believe it is possible without spray. i prefer not to use N20, as i do some track racing and auto-x so for one its illegal for those and i don't want to have to refill that that thang all the time. your input is helpful as you are the only one who decided to response, it looks like i'll have to just trail and error it myself.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
another question... What head are you going to use? 3 lobe or 2 lobe vtec?

i think you could go with more than 8 psi on that setup. Or keep a bit hight compression. Try and get some 10:1 pistons and run about 9 psi with some stage 2 cams and you will be a lot happier IMO

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i plan on getting a k24a2 head or k20a2 head. PnP port match, some type of stage 2 cam. i don't really trust running a smaller pulley than the 4.0in on a Jackson charger, as i think it will lead to failure. C/R will be around 10.2:1 as i was just looking at pistons. i was considering doing the Nikos k24 short block but i already have the engine and i don't think he'll take mine.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Just slap a charger on a K20A2 head and mate it to your K24 block with some decent rods and pistons, or even stock TSX rods and pistons if your cylinder walls are not to worn.
Screw all the head stuff, you don't need the pnp, valve, etc.
Maybe some cams.
Just tune it with some 11.0 pistons or higher.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats a aggressive approach to it. but i for sure want for forged rods and pistons and better valve train. as is right now there is a valve neatly attached to the top of my #1 piston. lol, from what i have been reading is that most of the power is made in the head and the tune of the k series. the last motor i put together was a dodge 360(5.9 L) for a 72 dodge dart. this is a little different.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
well, if you check around on clubrsx there are RSX type s's running 11.0:1 compression on 11 psi with water meth and have been doing so safely for a while. Thats why im telling you if you want to drop your compression to 10:1 run about the same boost which will ultimately drop air intake temps and require a little less h20/meth.. THe meth is great for increased octane though.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Just slap a charger on a K20A2 head and mate it to your K24 block with some decent rods and pistons, or even stock TSX rods and pistons if your cylinder walls are not to worn.
Screw all the head stuff, you don't need the pnp, valve, etc.
Maybe some cams.
Just tune it with some 11.0 pistons or higher.

yeah you start going 11. or higher and its such a bitch in hot weather. I think 11:1 is the max i would go. I had a k20a block mated with my type s head and when i got started tuning it i was getting rediculous knock.. im talking 200 some counts on a 3rd gear pull.

I finally got it lowerd down to 10-20 range. But that was not good for me. So i pulled the blower off and sold it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts