Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
** Yü's 1994 EG K20A2 Turbo Build **

K20 Swap into an EG. I'm going to document everything here. I got a lot of information from this forums and its definitely helping me along the way. Im working with a 1994 Civic Hatch. Also a K20a2 with a Greddy Turbo kit. I'm trying to get the car at least running before December because I need a fwd car for winter, I drive a Honda S2000, and it doesnt like the snow. I'll have many questions along the way, hopefully you guys can help. Any suggestions are welcome! :up:

Here is the EG

Here is the motor, already has the turbo mounted, includes all harness as well, it definitely needs a cleaning though!

Here is the engine bay, while I'm waiting for parts, i decided to go ahead and prep the engine bay and spray it black.

Primer..

Base Coat..

Clear..

** Comments welcome!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have a lot of work with this one good luck. But looks good so far. :up: subscribed
Thanks, yea its gonna be quite a project, considering the interior was stripped as well! i have to piece this eg back together from scratch.

Nice,,, what did you use to clear? Out of a spray can or with a paint gun?
paint gun, used some cheap harbor freight gun for the engine bay.

i also have a quick question. The passenger side mount was already grinded off so i didnt get to see what it looks like originally. Are there bolts that hold on the passenger motor mount? where the area was grinded off, i see 2 or 3 bolts that have been grinded off and are still in the frame, do i need to get those bolts out for the mounts? i ordered innovative mounts.

·
Premium Member
15,764 Posts
Thanks, yea its gonna be quite a project, considering the interior was stripped as well! i have to piece this eg back together from scratch.

paint gun, used some cheap harbor freight gun for the engine bay.

i also have a quick question. The passenger side mount was already grinded off so i didnt get to see what it looks like originally. Are there bolts that hold on the passenger motor mount? where the area was grinded off, i see 2 or 3 bolts that have been grinded off and are still in the frame, do i need to get those bolts out for the mounts? i ordered innovative mounts.
Looks good. Your mounts should have the instructions on there, and piks. I havent done mine yet so couldnt tell you... free bump for sum1 else to chime in..

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Good luck with the build man. Since the interior was stripped, will you be throwing in some nice recaros and new interior? Keep the pics coming.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good luck with the build man. Since the interior was stripped, will you be throwing in some nice recaros and new interior? Keep the pics coming.
im thinking a pair of s2k seats since they bolt right in. :up: ill post some more pics of some items that were shipped, later tonight

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the comments! I got lazy last night, ill post more pics tonight. But I have another question. The car will be a daily driver, occasional track and drag time as well. Do you think a pair of coilovers like skunk2's or tein basics are overkill? Im looking for some coilovers and need some help making a decision. What would you guys suggest? A friend suggested Konis with some decent coils or springs.

·
Registered
174 Posts
For coilovers I'd suggest the Omni Power Streets. They are height adjustable only and aren't too rough at all. They come at a cheap price of 650 or so. Im running these on my coupe and they feel nice.

·
Registered
426 Posts
For coilovers I'd suggest the Omni Power Streets. They are height adjustable only and aren't too rough at all. They come at a cheap price of 650 or so. Im running these on my coupe and they feel nice.
id suggest the omnis i have some and they are great my car had function forums and i took them off to put the omnis

and your build is coming out good so far :up:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok so i got a little bit done today, since I don't know too much about eg's i took the day to familiar myself with the engine bay and the interior. we bought another eg the other day which had a full interior and engine bay (no engine), but everything else is there.

I decided to put in the pedals. I had to take the steering wheel off because it was pissing me off it was in the way all the time. luckily it was only attached with these.

Ah much more room!

Here is the brake booster in.

And the pedals are in..

Fuel filter in..

Its already starting to get dusty!

I have a question, I had a different bracket on the proportioning valve. the one on the right is the bracket that WAS on it, and it didnt fit, so i had to take the original one off of the eg that we have for parts. Could the bracket on the right be off of a gsr? if it is off a gsr, will there be any problem with using a gsr proportioning valve for the brakes?

btw, got the power steering rack in!

some more questions. I still have all the ac lines, ac condenser/fan, if i wanna keep a/c what do i need? Also, I notice some people use the b-series radiator. I have a mint condition Koyo d-series radiator. Can i still use the oem EG radiator?

Thanks in advance

more pics coming! its just too cold to work on the car in colorado!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bump. anybody done A/C in the eg before with k20 swap?

also another question, that fuel filter is EXTREMELY ugly, has anyone ran an inline filter and if so, what kind?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bump for more pics!

here are pics of some of the stuff we have already. im waiting on the axles, the mounts, and kpro right now.

HKS SSQV

Fuel Lines and Connectors (Missing some parts still) from Mr. Gasket.
I picked these ones because i really like the gunmetal and black look, i dont like the red/blue anodized ones from summitracing.

Primary O2 Sensor

Clutchline from Hybrid

Conversion Harness from Hybrid

Radiator Adapter with Temp Sensor and Fan Switch ports

Radiator Hose

Karcepts Shifter Kit

Aeromotive FPR

HKS Hi-Power Muffler (its a little big...)

Liquid DynaMat (I'll be spraying the interior with this)

Type-S Half Shaft

Alpine PDX 2.150 Amp

Alpine Type-X 12" Sub

Alpine Type-X Components 6.5"

Type-S High Pressure Hose

Slave Cylinder and Radiator Hose

and here is all the parts to put back into the car, like the interior panels and glass

1 - 20 of 75 Posts