Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend and I were out last summer, he had his cam mounted on his Gix1K and me in my 930. I wanted to take the Jordan Road with my turbo to check out the twistys. Tell me what you think,,, one way or the other. I got a first class ass pounding on the Porsche boards,, safety nazi's, ya know! :rolleyes:

>>Be sure to watch the speedo on the bike<<

Enjoy >> http://media.putfile.com/porsche67

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
it doesent seem too bad. but these days, I wouldn't say that it was me. you can get in a whole lot of trouble.

·
Registered
21,788 Posts
Sick dude. thats awesome. So sick:up: instantly made me miss my EK. I want it done now so bad. thanks for sharing:up:

-Col

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice porsche. always loved that body style. can't say it don't look like fun.
Thanks, Bro! It doesn't see much road time,, kind of a early morning garage queen,,, but man,, it IS like a little go cart! :up:

Sick dude. thats awesome. So sick:up: instantly made me miss my EK. I want it done now so bad. thanks for sharing:up:

-Col
Thanks, Col. :up:

:up::up::up::up:
:up: :up: :up: :up:

Nice, makes me want to just go cruise around now.
Gotta love the motivating music, right?!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it doesent seem too bad. but these days, I wouldn't say that it was me. you can get in a whole lot of trouble.
Life is a risk, man. Some folks should just stay in bed! :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Life moves pretty fast.
You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, but that was a Ferrari 280GT California :wink:, a slightly higher class than most Porsche's.
Yeah, but that wasn't a real 'Ferrari' in the movie and it was designed to copy the 1961 250GT Spyder 'California' SWB (!!!)

It was a kit car named "Modena" made by a designer named Mark Goyette. Later after the original company changed hands a few times, 'Precision Design' with the help of the original designer penned the perfected kit below calling it the 'GT250 California'.They go for roughly 42K.

Below is a picture of a true 'Ferrari 250GT California Spyder SWB' with hardtop and headlight covers. A version recently sold for 6.5Ml. There were only 55 made.

:p damn,,, I derailed my own thread.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No prob, Cap. I may hold some info some of the time, but a know it all I am not. :D

If you have the means to ever own a 911,, I highly recommend it. A friend of mine has a Ferrari 308 GTS, you know, the Magnum PI car,, and even though it doesn't take a lot to maintain it,, it does cost a lot more to operate than my P-car. Funny, to say, he loves my car. The back roads here in Washington State are pretty phenomenal.

Mostly,, this thread is about the thrill of the car through the twistys, not me so much. I am not that way.

Hope someone caught a pick up truck pulling out at the top of a hill,, made my heart stop wondering if I would clear him. Adrenaline? Sure! Scared? No time, heh,, I ride a 2000 Hayabusa, too,, why should I ever stop short.

Think I will go watch the clip again! :D :silly:

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Oh, I agree with you on the 911. When I was in high school back in '98, one of my neighbors had a '97 911 Turbo that he took me for a ride in. At the time, the only car that had a faster 0-60 was the McLaren F1, and I can tell you the 0-60 in that car (3.6sec) shows you an example of what a fast car is. And we did that on an up hill sloping road of about a 7 degree incline.

I also have a friend that works for Porsche of Sacramento and he told me the Carrera GT is even more impressive than any other 911, including the GT3. I wish I could get a chance to feel that. :D

-Troy

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, Troy, I know the obsession well. I used to have that one poster with the black 930 airborne? Remember that? I have been plagued with the desire to own a turbo since I was very young, too. Exposed to open wheel racing when I was a kid by my parents,, both were crazed over formula one racing and then my Father made it increasingly difficult for myself and my two Brothers,, he worked as a car salesman for Ford and Chevrolet in its hayday of the ponycars. We constantly saw big block Chevelle's and Camaro's, Fastback Shelby's, Corvette's and the like. My first car when I was sixteen was a 1967 SS350 4sp Camaro. I paid $900.00 for it. My Brother's and I were taught to drive in the worst weather, i.e., pummeling rain, snow, etc.,,, whatever condition that would "teach" us "right" The obsession is deep. You might know my younger Brother 'Mateo' from these boards. He is an incredible driver. And all with the most humility I say that. It's part of that obsession.

There's a lot of that here, too, Troy. That IS one reason why I come here to share. I know there are those like yourself that feel the same thing - passion for the cars, passion for the machines that give us all the feeling that no one else can know,,, unless they strap in and GOooo!

That CGT is on my "To Do" List,,, someday! What a car! I could see myself owning a 996 GT2 maybe,,, but that is way far off for now. This economy is hitting us all. That's one reason why my little EG stays real close to me. It just feels right, don't know why,, it just does.

Thanks for the words, Chris

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Who in their right mind wouldn't want to flog this fine ass! :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thought I would re-post vid since PUTFILE is killed. :scared: I'm just a fiend for this sh!t.

https://youtu.be/dOjK3w15XNM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dOjK3w15XNM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 - 18 of 18 Posts