Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car: 1998 Civic Dx
Engine: K20A2 with JDM harness (purchased from Rywire)
Swap harness: Rywire

I purchased a Rywire K-swap conversion harness last year. I finally got around to trying to fire the car last week. When I flip the key to the 'on' position, there is a buzzing coming from the main relay.

I PMed Rywire because there was a ground wire coming off of the conversion harness and I wanted to make sure I had it in a good spot. His reply was that there shouldn't be one for a 96-98 Civic, and to send him a picture. Since then he has not replied.

I talked to Peter from Rywire on the phone today and he said that it is a ground issue or one of the connectors on the main relay is corroded.

I check the main relay plug and there is no corrosion. I checked continuity from the main relay plug to the E-plug on the ECU using Hondata's wiring guide. The fuel pump output E1 has continuity with the main relay. The PGMFI Main Relay output E7 does not. Looking at a factory diagram, this is needed to kick on the fuel pump and I'm guessing is the reason for the buzzing sound that is coming from the relay.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Talked to Ryan at Rywire. He sent me a new harness on Monday and I sent the old one back to him yesterday. The new harness came in today. Went out to the garage, plugged it in, flipped the key to the on position and the fuel pump came right on. :dance:

Big :up: to Ryan and Peter at Rywire, they were both very helpful in working out the exchange.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts