Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a bit of a stupid question but Im wondering what the letters on this schematic means.....I assume A,B,C,D,E are ECU related....but then theres the (seemingly) random letters located all over the diagram.....what do these mean?

Heres a thumbnail....Id attach the entire image but its a large image.

If you wanna flame me go ahead....but please help if you can....thanks

·
I don't know
2,931 Posts
This may be a bit of a stupid question but Im wondering what the letters on this schematic means.....I assume A,B,C,D,E are ECU related....but then theres the (seemingly) random letters located all over the diagram.....what do these mean?

Heres a thumbnail....Id attach the entire image but its a large image.

If you wanna flame me go ahead....but please help if you can....thanks
Not too sure if I get fully what you are trying to ask but the letters on the ecu plugs are for reference for exact wire location.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you can't read an ETM, or even know what ETM stands for, then you shouldn't be modifying your own harness :p
touche lol....im not trying to modify my own harness or anything like that....i know my limitations and wiring is beyond them

but this is more a curiosity question for me....trying to learn more.....and the only way i learn is to ask.....if i ask a million stupid questions and I get to the right answer then to me its all worth it

If you look on the diagram and you see the ECT sensor right below it are the letters K,L,P.....do those mean secific spots on the ecu?

·
Registered
386 Posts
touche lol....im not trying to modify my own harness or anything like that....i know my limitations and wiring is beyond them

but this is more a curiosity question for me....trying to learn more.....and the only way i learn is to ask.....if i ask a million stupid questions and I get to the right answer then to me its all worth it

If you look on the diagram and you see the ECT sensor right below it are the letters K,L,P.....do those mean secific spots on the ecu?
those letters on the box mean that the wiring continues at another location on the diagram, on some other ETMs it will even show the the page number where that circuit diagram continues. but as you can see the ECT boxed letter K also connects to ATF temperature sensor(A/T equipped models) and SG2 on pcm connector D2 and then branches out to boxed letters O,Q,S so basically this circuit is Sensor Grounds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks....that makes a ton of sense....and now that you pointed it out I feel dumb for not noticing it haha

But I asked a stupid question and I got a smart answer....so it payed off

·
Registered
113 Posts
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers...mine was one of them :p

That looks like an AllData or some other aftermarket wiring schematic....I find the Honda ETM's to have the easiest to read circuitry out of any other manufacturer....Honda loves its techs ;)

Is there a need for the factory ETM's to be uploaded?? Maybe I'll do that when I get some free time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would be awesome if you could do that.....Like I said wiring is not my strong area so Im trying to learn about it before I do anything drastic to my car.....even if I dont have to wire up my car....id like to know whats going on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts