Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did you guys do with the thermo switch and the fan switch? Do you take the one out of the motor and replace it with the one that I bought? Also where did you mount them? I read that you have to mount the thermo switch somewhere. Pics would be great.

Wen need a sticky write up that has the install with instrustions and pics of everything done instead of before and after. cough nikos cough cough

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the only thing that I have seen that looks like it would work is that piece with the 2 switches in it. I want to have pics of people doing it w/out that piece. The picture explaining where it goes makes no since to me, its looks like a shitty picture of part of the IM and fuel rail. How did you guys do the wiring for BOTH of them.

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts
some people don't run a thermo switch (fan switch) because they either have an aftermarket radiatior and don't use a fan. or they wired their fan to be on when the car is running. personally i prefer niether.

in the $h!tty picture you saw there is a dark-brown thing that looks like a nipple. that is the thermo unit (temp sender). it is right on top of the elbow where the radiator hose hooks up to the head. and this is where most people run their thermo unit. all you need is a stepdown.

as for wiring. if your are using a hasport or hybrid racing plug and play (pnp) harness. they have done the work for you. all you have to do is run the plugs to where they need to go.

now if you are "not" going to use a pnp harness. and you want to do all the wiring yourself. get a helms manual:D hope this helps you alittle.

good luck either way. it will all be worth it in the end. :up:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.