Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm putting the K20a2 in my Lotus elise and I'm trying to get hold of the wiringing diagrams. They certainly are not available at the Honda dealer over here and wonder if they are online or availble to buy in the US? I found an online service manual but no workshop/repair manual.
I have the wrecked Civic type r in my garage but the wiring for the immobilser etc is a nightmare. Can't simply chop out the loom as they all seem to interlink so it's absolutely impossible without the diagrams.
Also does anyone know if hondata can delete the immobilser if I chop out all the ancillary connections from the ECU and just have the bare essentials such as ECU to engine, fuel pump relay and ignition +12V in and earths etc..? and get rid of the OBD11 diagnostics etc for now.

Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
599 Posts
rshiers said:
Hi,
I'm putting the K20a2 in my Lotus elise and I'm trying to get hold of the wiringing diagrams. They certainly are not available at the Honda dealer over here and wonder if they are online or availble to buy in the US? I found an online service manual but no workshop/repair manual.
I have the wrecked Civic type r in my garage but the wiring for the immobilser etc is a nightmare. Can't simply chop out the loom as they all seem to interlink so it's absolutely impossible without the diagrams.
Also does anyone know if hondata can delete the immobilser if I chop out all the ancillary connections from the ECU and just have the bare essentials such as ECU to engine, fuel pump relay and ignition +12V in and earths etc..? and get rid of the OBD11 diagnostics etc for now.

Cheers,
Rob
Hondata has UK dealers so no need to have shipped from the States. Also they have a wiring diagram available online that when paired with the stock EP harness will run the engine.

Hondata can also disable all the OBD2 components as well as the immobolizer.

Their web site is www.hondata.com

brian g

·
Registered
7 Posts
but i don't think hondata has a kpro application for the type-r yet, i think they said they have a different logic or something and that they haven't been able to get a k-pro functioning with that ecu yet, but you could run it off of a us-spec type-s ecu

·
Registered
599 Posts
granteeton said:
but i don't think hondata has a kpro application for the type-r yet, ...
They can reflash the R ECU to remove unneccessary functions. It would be better to have this discussion with the UK dealer or Hondata themselves.

brian g

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.