Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... so basically i am leaning veryyy far to buying a set of these.

Forward Swing Mount Triple Master Cylinder Pedal - Aluminum: This pedal assembly operates the brakes and the clutch together in one unit and positions the master cylinders outside the firewall. It features all aluminum frame and arm construction with steel pivots, mounting studs and anti-skid pedal pads. Wilwood's clevis and pivot pin balance bar provide smooth and accurate settings of the brake pedal bias. It can be set and locked down with the jam nut, or attached to a remote cable for quick on-track adjustments.

Click on the product's part number to view the technical drawing and datasheet information.

I would like to know how different sized Master cylinders work to need a certain proportion valve... Ex. I have a 30/40 prop valve with a JDM ITR MC i think 1", when many track guys in the US run a 40/40 prop valve with a 15/16 or 1" master cylinder... my understanding is that if your MC is too small, it affects brake feel?.... very much in the dark on this topic...

And, a feature I like about this pedal setup is that you can adjust the brake bias for F/R, and mount a adjustable switch for on the track adjustments.

I imagine this would be very useful for T/A?

I am leaning more towards T/A setup with my car now and would like to know a but more about brakes.

·
Registered
433 Posts
the MC size should correlate to calipers you are running.

The prop valve isn't really that important and with a setup like this (the pedal assembly you posted) you wouldn't even use one.

You would run one like from resivor A to the front calipers (T-ing the line) and from resivor B you would run one line to the rear calipers again T-ing the line.

You can install a bais valve with out the addition of these pedal though.

The bigger question/ what should be answered first is..

Why do you need this setup? What problem are you trying to solve?

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okkkk nice info there.

My car is slowly going more towards being a Time Attack cone dodger then a DD/ drag car.

I was interested in how this set up works. How the setup feels for people that have used this.

Also, how would it feel/be for a DD / drag and T/A weekend racer.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Okkkk nice info there.

My car is slowly going more towards being a Time Attack cone dodger then a DD/ drag car.

I was interested in how this set up works. How the setup feels for people that have used this.

Also, how would it feel/be for a DD / drag and T/A weekend racer.
Again ill ask the same question.

What does you current brake setup LACK and how would these improve upon what it lacks?

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
OK... so basically i am leaning veryyy far to buying a set of these.

Forward Swing Mount Triple Master Cylinder Pedal - Aluminum: This pedal assembly operates the brakes and the clutch together in one unit and positions the master cylinders outside the firewall. It features all aluminum frame and arm construction with steel pivots, mounting studs and anti-skid pedal pads. Wilwood's clevis and pivot pin balance bar provide smooth and accurate settings of the brake pedal bias. It can be set and locked down with the jam nut, or attached to a remote cable for quick on-track adjustments.

Click on the product's part number to view the technical drawing and datasheet information.

I would like to know how different sized Master cylinders work to need a certain proportion valve... Ex. I have a 30/40 prop valve with a JDM ITR MC i think 1", when many track guys in the US run a 40/40 prop valve with a 15/16 or 1" master cylinder... my understanding is that if your MC is too small, it affects brake feel?.... very much in the dark on this topic...

And, a feature I like about this pedal setup is that you can adjust the brake bias for F/R, and mount a adjustable switch for on the track adjustments.

I imagine this would be very useful for T/A?

I am leaning more towards T/A setup with my car now and would like to know a but more about brakes.
There is a guy named pandahatch making them a bit better for us on H-T... But don't know if he ever got to produce them..

·
Registered
157 Posts
the smaller the master cylinder the longer the peddel travel due to it having to move more fluid to compensate for the samller bore size

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.