Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey !
Wich EXHAUST camshafts are interchangeable with K20A4, yes A4 its european economy motor for CRV i quess :D
Mine has unbelieveable wear on EVERY lobe of exhaust camshaft... when i first saw them i was stunned.. must be some bad material when they produced these at 2002 year..

So i quess the question is does K20A3 ex cam fit ? and wich cars use K20A3 and A4 motors, besides CRV. Many thanks !
-------------------

FIRST UPDATE:
For anyone having same problem, i did order this item from Ebay, with OE Number: 14120-PPA-010
It should fit all K20A1/3/4/6 & K24A
Direct Link To Ebay

-------------------

FINAL UPDATE:
I have now installed that Ebay camshaft. It was right one, and working well !

Tire Hand Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For anyone having same problem, i did order this item from Ebay, with OE Number: 14120-PPA-010
It should fit all K20A1/3/4/6 & K24A atleast they stated that in item description. I will update here after install.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you inspect the bearings of the roller rocker and the cam towers too?
No, i didnt inspect roller bearings or anything else, i was just quickly checking timing chain stretch.
Well chain was stretched quite much, but there is no error codes yet, wich is suprising...

Im going to replace chain with new one, and same time exhaust cam. My engine is making quite noises when running, so i hope those two things fixes also noise problems.

Do you have an idea what could cause it?
Yes, previous owner have been driving with realy low oil, and last oil change was like 50 000km ago o_O

Crankset Automotive tire Gear Wheel Motor vehicle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you see oil pressure warning at the MIL? If it was low enough to interrupt the oil flow, it would be too late for more components then only the cams. In that case journal and main bearings at #4 would my next step to check it out.
Oil was barely touching stick, but did not flash yellow oil light (maybe broken). "Red alert" oil light never seen, wich is good thing, so im pretty sure there has been just enought oil to keep engine barely OK :) Now there is new oil and im taking good care of engine, so lets see if we can still revive this one to new life :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You mean those you have mentioned above? I would appreciate if you report later how it runs and if the cams are still good after the first 500 km :). That would be really great.

Thanks for the edit of the first post. Having all information in there makes it easy for time hunting members ;).
Yes i installed that one ebay camshaft i did link in my first post, it was right one, and seems like it fits following : K20A1/3/4/6 according to their site. But atleast fits K20A4 wich is mine.
Yeah i can make check up after some kilometers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts