Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a ek with a b20vtech with 304 whp (turbo) and I have a k20a (n/a) with 224 whp at the same dyno well we race and I pull 2-3 car on him I wonder why when he has a lot more power than me

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
My friend has a ek with a b20vtech with 304 whp (turbo) and I have a k20a (n/a) with 224 whp at the same dyno well we race and I pull 2-3 car on him I wonder why when he has a lot more power than me
If the cars are of similair weight, he cant drive...

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
because you are getting way more traction than him plus your friend can't drive. tell him to switch to riding donkeys :D
but it could be that his car is 100 lbs heavier than yours too :confused:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
His ek is 2459 with him in it my Eg is 2360 with me in it and we had done freway pull , 40 roll , out of the hole and I even drove his car agains mine and
K20 always pull away

·
Registered
60 Posts
His ek is 2459 with him in it my Eg is 2360 with me in it and we had done freway pull , 40 roll , out of the hole and I even drove his car agains mine and
K20 always pull away
that 100 lbs is very negligible, it would only be about a tenth of a second difference in a 1/4 mile if both cars were even. he either isnt getting traction or cant drive. He has a 80 whp advantage you should not be beating him

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
We have been seeing this for a long time now.. It has to do with the gearing and turbo lag... When both of you step on the gas... you are gone by the time the turbo spools.

A 300whp na car can take a 500whp turbo car under the right circumstances.

Think about 400whp NA cars that run 9s... and 1000whp turbo cars that run 9s as well...

or high 10s or street tires.. traction, weight, plays a difference as well...

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
answer = k > b....

·
Registered
429 Posts
i say traction...i've seen k series walk off on boosted cars all day...both were light cars but the traction is not there on a 500whp car. also some of those cars dont hit boost til late. by then like nikos said the other car is long gone.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Depends on turbo lag as it has been stated and traction. Oh, and depends if he can drive. I also see vids of k swapped cars pulling on boosted cars. The boosted cars have to play catch up from the beginning especially against a pretty quick car and close in power range. By the time he probably can catch up the race is over.

·
Registered
60 Posts
his buddies car only makes 304 whp so i doubt it has much turbo lag unless he has a 35r on extremely low boost

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
as nikos said, its mostly turbo lag, and maybe some traction issues.. also probably gearing unless he has a b16/itr tranny. no matter what, there is going to be some turbo lag, even on a small turbo

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok, turbo lag? How about when we were going on second roll 45 m/h his turbo is @ full spool but I still pull away.
Now I had another set up k24/k20. Made 257 whp and 202 tq. I raced a 240 with a ls1 in it, his car made 357 whp and 369 tq and we raced on the freeway 2nd gear to like 125/135 mph and I pull on him maybe a car and he has a 100 whp more than me. But the way his car weigths 2900 pts with the driver

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
We have been seeing this for a long time now.. It has to do with the gearing and turbo lag... When both of you step on the gas... you are gone by the time the turbo spools.

A 300whp na car can take a 500whp turbo car under the right circumstances.

Think about 400whp NA cars that run 9s... and 1000whp turbo cars that run 9s as well...

or high 10s or street tires.. traction, weight, plays a difference as well...

well put. i see many sfwd cars are in the mid 10's and most make well over 600+whp and now some all motor street trim cars are in the high and mid 10's and make half or way less power.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
like nikos stated earlier,its all about, gearing,turbo lag,acceleration and obviously weight plays a big roll in the race as well. the race sounds right to me.
it does not matter if you have 250hp boost lag can still occur.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts