Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was plannin on going ls vtec but now i want a k series. k24a2 to be exact. lately on the for sale classified i notice alot of people getting rid of their swap (people who actually bought the motor to put in their eg/ek). it's a really good motor and i dont understand why get rid of it why not sell the whole car complete? if you could afford the motor and the transmission it shouldnt be a problem getting the mount, axle and ecu.

post your story why you would sell your k swap.

·
Registered
337 Posts
u would think that people have the money to finish the swap but it does cost alot of money if u think about it u can spend another 3-3500 on just swap parts and alot of people i think just get fed up but that's just my o2???

·
Registered
39,468 Posts
People dive in head first into a lot of things in life including a K swap without knowing the pros and cons or even what is involved.

At this day and time, k20a.org offers info on every single piece needed to complete the K swap. People should go according to what their budgets allow. If u only have one car, and u depend on it, then don;t pull out ur old swap till u have every last piece needed for the K swap accounted for.

There will always be something that ur missing or somethign that fails, etc, and to cut down on downtime u try to get every piece of the puzzle before u move forward with taking ur car off the road.

As far as WHY I would sell my swap, it'd be because I'd swap in a different setup or am selling my car or parting out altogether. :up:

K ALL DAY!!! :dance:

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts
To some people it's about just accomplishing things. To say that you have done it and now you are ready to try something different. Other people realized how much they have invested into it and made some poor financial decisions along the way and now that it has been completed, they need to regroup their finances. Some get it and drive like an ass and get into deep ticket trouble with the law. They dont trust themselves with the car. Maybe you want to cash out before something happens to you or the car. If you take it one step at a time without going overboard, then you probably wont sell it as long as it is not breaking your pockets.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have got it all calculated out. 2300 for a k24a2 motor with tranny. about 280 for axles, 480 for mount, assuming we can use the k series harness then about 400-500 for the ecu (not kpro). the rest because my car is a ek i need to change the whole front into a eg (accordin to the other thread) all those parts at the junkyard the crossmember, and the fork for the shocks to give more room for the axle for all less than 75 bucks. i think all what i just said is all i need to have the k series running in my car.

oh yeah headers bout 300. shifter box,cable, and parts ??? . wow i missing these parts. i see why alot of people would give up. these lil things cost a grip. nuthin compare to a b series.

·
Registered
39,468 Posts
u dont need to change all those parts to eg/dc; u can run ekk1 mounts that allow u to use everything stock in an ek; u just cant slam ur car because oil pan clearance isn't great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
u dont need to change all those parts to eg/dc; u can run ekk1 mounts that allow u to use everything stock in an ek; u just cant slam ur car because oil pan clearance isn't great.
oh i didnt know that. i am plannin on getting ekk1 mount. but let me ask you guys.. if u could go back.. would you did a lsvtec and build it up or was all that money spend worth it?

·
Registered
39,468 Posts
oh i didnt know that. i am plannin on getting ekk1 mount. but let me ask you guys.. if u could go back.. would you did a lsvtec and build it up or was all that money spend worth it?
it's worth it ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!

i used to have a stock gsr in a coupe then i test drove a heavy acura rsx type s, been in love with the K ever since.

with ekk1, u don't neeed ANYTHING from an eg/dc..just get all the parts that is needed other than mounts like harness, fpr, fuel rail, lines, and drop her in. :up:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it's worth it ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!

i used to have a stock gsr in a coupe then i test drove a heavy acura rsx type s, been in love with the K ever since.

with ekk1, u don't neeed ANYTHING from an eg/dc..just get all the parts that is needed other than mounts like harness, fpr, fuel rail, lines, and drop her in. :up:
okay. going to need a few more research homework on this site related to k series. i want to get every single parts i need for a simple k24a2 swap and buy them all at once underwise the DD will be sitting for a while. if it helps i never install a b series before. so yeah..

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yeah well you guys are extremely lucky.. Try paying double, sometimes triple for the parts you buy.. That's the reality we deal with here in Jamaica:(

Everything has to be paid for, shipped in.. Then you'll end up paying duty 100%+ and GCT/TAX.. By the time you buy one part you could've bought three state side.

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts
Yeah well you guys are extremely lucky.. Try paying double, sometimes triple for the parts you buy.. That's the reality we deal with here in Jamaica:(

Everything has to be paid for, shipped in.. Then you'll end up paying duty 100%+ and GCT/TAX.. By the time you buy one part you could've bought three state side.
Is it really that bad?

Are you talking about buying it from someone, company? or it doesnt make a difference?

Welcome btw... :up:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Is it really that bad?

Are you talking about buying it from someone, company? or it doesnt make a difference?

Welcome btw... :up:

No it doesn't really make a difference. Once you purchase the part and it's shipped in it has to have an invoice, and depending on the part it could be anywhere from 100% duty on up to all 180% duty..

Some parts aren't that bad-- might be 40%, 50% duty.. But it really adds up.. By the time most of us are done, we could've built a street car and track car.

I've been building my DC5R for about six months and believe me.. If I told you what's been spent vs. what's in the car you'd start to cry.

It's making decent power now-- 221whp was my last dyno figure.. Since then RBC manifold, Karcepts 70mm TB have been installed.. Skunk2 Stage 2 cams, springs, retainers, and 550cc injectors going on next weekend.. Then final tune.. Hoping to reach 245-250whp.

·
Registered
417 Posts
im almost at that point of giving up...started my k24/k20 boost build in january of 07 and i just now have the longblock completely built and still need drivetrain parts n EVERYTHING else...im about 5-6g into this and dunno if i should start going or stop..just bought some flywheel bolts so i guess im still going..lol

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts
No it doesn't really make a difference. Once you purchase the part and it's shipped in it has to have an invoice, and depending on the part it could be anywhere from 100% duty on up to all 180% duty..

Some parts aren't that bad-- might be 40%, 50% duty.. But it really adds up.. By the time most of us are done, we could've built a street car and track car.

I've been building my DC5R for about six months and believe me.. If I told you what's been spent vs. what's in the car you'd start to cry.

It's making decent power now-- 221whp was my last dyno figure.. Since then RBC manifold, Karcepts 70mm TB have been installed.. Skunk2 Stage 2 cams, springs, retainers, and 550cc injectors going on next weekend.. Then final tune.. Hoping to reach 245-250whp.
I see.. Seems like the best way out is to buy from individual and have dem make a likkle cheap invoice dat way dem nuh rip yuh off..... Cause from what you telling me it sound like pure madness.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I see.. Seems like the best way out is to buy from individual and have dem make a likkle cheap invoice dat way dem nuh rip yuh off..... Cause from what you telling me it sound like pure madness.
LOL-- Jamaica nuh easy jus suh.. If they get an invoice that seems unreasonable they will go to the manufacturers website and grab the most recent quote.. Which will usually be far more than you actually paid for it.. Then use that quote to figure duty, gct, and tax.. That when u jus bend over and tek it...

Everything down here is different.. Tuning, builds.. even gas.. Our 90 is like your 87.. You do the math.. Certain builds jus can't take place unless it's straight race gas you'll be driving with..

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts
LOL-- Jamaica nuh easy jus suh.. If they get an invoice that seems unreasonable they will go to the manufacturers website and grab the most recent quote.. Which will usually be far more than you actually paid for it.. Then use that quote to figure duty, gct, and tax.. That when u jus bend over and tek it...

Everything down here is different.. Tuning, builds.. even gas.. Our 90 is like your 87.. You do the math.. Certain builds jus can't take place unless it's straight race gas you'll be driving with..
Wow...... Dem a try stay pon top a tings fi real..... Crazy... Well mi jus haffi mek sure seh dem nuh sen mi back den.. The only reason I can think why they would go through so much trouble cuz something in it fi dem too... Shegery business.

Yeah I hear you bout the race gas ting.... Wish there was an alternative..

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wow...... Dem a try stay pon top a tings fi real..... Crazy... Well mi jus haffi mek sure seh dem nuh sen mi back den.. The only reason I can think why they would go through so much trouble cuz something in it fi dem too... Shegery business.

Yeah I hear you bout the race gas ting.... Wish there was an alternative..
Orville Walker jus deh pon him game.. Nuthing can gwaan again, unless yuh link strong nuh raass..

Ah suh it guh yah mi don..

check out: www.wheelsjamaica.com

Our site..

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts
Orville Walker jus deh pon him game.. Nuthing can gwaan again, unless yuh link strong nuh raass..

Ah suh it guh yah mi don..

check out: www.wheelsjamaica.com

Our site..
I see.. Well look like seh yuh need fi form a wicked link fi real.

Tanx fi di website link.. A guh check it out now..:up:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts