Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, sorry for my english....
Second, Why nobody did or try to do a K23a1 swap???

I know there is no K20 - K24 transmission will bolt on to this K23 motor and the motor supports is different..... but other people can swap a K in a VW bug!!!

http://k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43558
(look at the homemade plate to suit new transmission!)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'll say what I think are some reasons...

Why put more effort in the K23 if the K20 or K24 can do the same? Yeah the K23 is Turbocharged but... Putting a Turbo on the K20 or K24 may yeld more power.

That's just opinion.

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
It's really just pointless....

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
Really.. You have a K24 right there... larger displacement.... Why even bother to mess with the 2.3 and the haggle of trying to get it to work when you have a 2.4 that can get it done with less drama?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My opinion is... if we develop a "transfer" plate between K23 block and K20-24 transmission and design new motor supports, i thinks it will be less drama to swap this K23 than rebuilt the internal of a K24, forge, reinforce the block, add intercooler, turbo, injector, good tune.... everything you thing to have a good built, while we have this bone stock K23a1, 240HP / 260TQ, reliable. Don't forget that the block is design to receive boost.... better, the entire engine is design for turbo with a good turbo technologie at low RPM.

I hope someone try this built one day. If i won at the loto or i had good mechanical knowledge and a garage i will try it.... who know, maybe one day!

·
K24 USDM EG
26,856 Posts
just seems like a lot of time and money wasted on something that wont have pleasing results when the next guy just put a k20 or k24 swap in and is faster. id be disapointed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts