Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys and Girls, Girls and Guys

Anyone know what's going on with JDMTHEORY?

March 19 2008 I paid for the B-series Kevlar cover. They said I have to wait couple months (about 2 months) for incoming package from Spoon Sports. Right now we have November 2008 so I'm waiting OVER SEVEN MONTHS just for the spark cover. This is unbelievable and the worst thing is they don't even answer my email's! I decide to go this way cuz I have no choice =(

If anyone know what's going on there plz lmk :eek:

JDMtheory sucks so much!! :down: :down: :down:

Update:

one email from October 02, 2008 after 7 months and still nothing !! !! !! !!

"I called OPAK/Spoon USA today and they still have not
received the shipment for the B-Series Plug cover. I
am expecting another call from them tomorrow regarding
shipping the item by air, I will update you"

This email was not even signed! (from [email protected])

:down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

This is a great customer service !! Fu*ing scamers !!

·
Registered
21,788 Posts
Some parts are just like that though man. I waited 9 months for a tow hook to come that I honestly forgot about til the shop called me and said it was in.
Same for wheels, I waited 7 months for my volks to get here from like the day I ordered them to the time they were at my door.

Just lettin ya know man, they still will come through probably. just wait it out.

-Colin

·
Registered
326 Posts
next time order your spoon products from the source.. Call Opak Racing.

·
Registered
624 Posts
*HOWEVER*, they should not charge your credit card until the item is available to ship. That is illegal.
Not at all illegal. Mos times at most places - even the local dealership - special orders have to be paid in advance to make sure a business isn't stuck with something they don't normally carry. It's not illegal - it's "kommon" practice.

·
Registered
739 Posts
i bought honda center caps from him last feb.... still havent goten them.... he told me 3 months ago he sent them usps to my house.... his phone is always off

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I have to vouch for JDMTHEORY.. straight up. I spent $2815 on parts to convert my integra as close as i could to a JDM DC2.. In the process one of the HID ballasts caused bulb to flicker, and on the same headlight, the foglight was missing the yellow plastic cover to make the fog shine yellow..however it was too late to return anything since I had already done the conversion.. I called Geoffe up at JDM Theory and he sent me out a whole JDM HID Headlight, hassle free. Of course I had to ship the other headlight back. It was the hassle free aspect that i appreciated. :up: to them.. and sorry about your situation..

Just wanted to vouch to let you know...(unless theyve changed owners) they are not out to scam.

·
Registered
381 Posts
i bought my k20a swap from them, they guy is pretty cool.
It is a 1 man operation i believe.
jdm stuff takes a while. you gotta understand that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
haha tell em about it, i have to wait 3 months for one of their windshield banners, and i had to call them everyday and they wouldn't even answer my calls.. shitty service i tell you

·
Registered
360 Posts
yea im from the bay and ive heard alot of bad stuff about there sales....but there event guy(ernesto jr) he split from them and is trying to setup a new name for his events.....

sorry to here about your problem. good luck. one thing i hope is that you get your money back.

·
Registered
233 Posts
there's always 2 sides to every story

but jdm theory sales side is currently being ran only by geoff, so it's a 1 man operation

not a lot of people know, and he hasn't let people known, but he's going through some personal issues right now and everyone knows how much that could set you back on things, and throw you off guard, it's gonna take some time for him recover and get things back to pace, but i've spoken to him a couple days ago and he's trying his hardest to get all the backorders fulfilled.

as far as opak racing and spoon products, 2-3 months estimated wait is exactly what it is, estimated, i know people that have waiting up to a year for j's racing, spoon, volk, and other rare jdm products.

it's definitely not geoff's fault that he doesn't have the spark plug cover, and it's probably not opak's fault, but spoon sports japan just isn't supplying opak with the part in their shipments, i know how it is, cause i order parts directly from japan and sometimes there just isn't space in the crates

1 - 12 of 12 Posts