Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's rewired an Eh/Eg hatch? EVERTHING!

I just got my suzuka shell last night, and i'm highly disapointed with the job they did, but i made them drop the price about 350...So thats semi-okay although i'm still very pissed.

Now, there is abosolutely NO FUCKING wiring anywhere in the car. It's all in a goddamn birdsnest in the rear hatch...yayyy! NOT. And, i'm pretty sure it is an auto shell, which pisses me off even more. Theres nothing i can do now, i've paid for it blah blah. So can anyone tell me how laborious the task of rewiring my entire car is? Also, is it hard to do the auto-to-manual swap? I know theres a sticky up top...

I have a 95 cx hatch right next to my new one in my garage, so i can very easily swap the parts over no problem. Can i just take off all the cx wiring (has a b16 in it right now) and use it instead of the new shell's wiring?

What sucks even more is i can only work on it one day a week. DAMNIT! Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUMP, i know matador has at least, last pic i saw of his car was a MAD BIRDSNEST lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
So you have the wires but their not in the car? and your talking about the Chassis harness right? Why not go and get a friends and compare and try to wire it yourself?

If you dont have the harness go find one off a wrecked car or something and nab the manual pedal assembly too

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have all the harnesses for the shell. I also have my wrecked 95 CX that i was thinking i could just remove and reinstall on the new hatch. I'm just worried this may be an extremely tedious task, that i don't have time for?

·
rhd k20 jetta :)
994 Posts
you could transfeer all the wires over i should only take you to long long a half a day tops maybe.. if you're goin k series i would just convert it to rsx wiring.. atleast thats wat i would do

·
Registered
264 Posts
You can transfer the wiring from the CX. You won't have some of the options that the sedan had but if that doesn't matter to you there is no reason it won't work. Tedious yes but not too bad.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
92sleepr said:
You can transfer the wiring from the CX. You won't have some of the options that the sedan had but if that doesn't matter to you there is no reason it won't work. Tedious yes but not too bad.
Sedan? They're both hatches...the new one is a 93 dx and the old one is a 95 cx...

To rafal, why RSX wiring?

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Man, just strip your busted hatch and tranfer over all the wires, harness by harness. Will not take long and won't be difficult at all once both cars are stripped.

·
Registered
264 Posts
dm95eg said:
Sedan? They're both hatches...the new one is a 93 dx and the old one is a 95 cx...

To rafal, why RSX wiring?
I thought the EH was the sedan version of the 92-95 series civics but in any case, if they are the same generation you won't have any problems.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
92sleepr said:
I thought the EH was the sedan version of the 92-95 series civics but in any case, if they are the same generation you won't have any problems.

Okay. Damn i'm stuck on what i should do. I'm not sure if i should sell this new shell as a loss, and have my red one fixed...or just start working little by little on my kswap right now. I can do the wiring, install the motor mounts, the suspension...damn so many choices. :confused:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Its actually not that big a deal. I've done several complete, strip down to the frame, rebuilds and as long as you have an original, uncut harness to work with the process is pretty straight forward. Look at it as a opportunity to tuck all the engine bay wiring which is ever so popular :p

One thing that I often do if I get confused about what the stock configuration should look like is to go over to Central Small Car Salvage in Upper Marlboro, off Rt 301 northbound. They have a zillion dead civics in various states of decomposition. Good place for parts.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
midwesta said:
yeah switch over the harness would be the easiest

I made up my mind. I'm just going to sell the blue hatch. There are too many imperfections in the body. (roof in particular) Paint is chipping along the edges.

I'm in montgomery county. First person to show up with 1600 takes an okay painted shell with a dented up roof, two suzuka blue bumpers.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
just transfer over uncut harnesses from your other hatch... its the best bet

if you are interested in like an RSX dash, you could buy a dash with all the wires chassis and just hook all of that up like someone mentioned above

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NickZED said:
just transfer over uncut harnesses from your other hatch... its the best bet

if you are interested in like an RSX dash, you could buy a dash with all the wires chassis and just hook all of that up like someone mentioned above

Nah' i think i'd rather keep the "redrocket" and go from there. Hopefully in the next month i'll pull the b16 (which will be for sale) and begin the install.
My parents are letting me use the two car garage for a while so woohooo, kswap here i come! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts