Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i use a raa or rbb intake manifold with accord cable tb on my k24a8 with an immobilizer and run the swap with no issues? If so should i go jdm ecu or accord ecu with bypass.

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts
The 2-piece "RAA" intake manifold is found on the '02+ CRV, '03+ (4cyl) Honda Accord and '03+ Element. It is very similar to the RBB TSX manifold design, but has a smaller plenum and a 60mm throttle-body hole in comparison. A lot of Accord/CRV/Element owners upgrade to the RBB manifold because of the larger plenum, which shows some healthy torque gains. Curiosity made me want to see what kind of power this piece would produce on a K20A engine. This RAA was left completely stock except for the throttle-body hole, which was opened up to 70mm.

So yes on the intake manifold use. As far as ecu, what ecu are you running or planning to run? If going JDM then no bypass is needed, however, bypass chips are available and relatively easy to install. I would suggest if you are going relatively stock engine wise that the cheaper option would be to use the accord ecu but that will limit modifications later down the line. I would suggest for ease of the swap going with either a kpro or ktuner prepped ecu. They use different years and vehicle stock ecu for starting out so match that to whatever tuner you want. No immobilizer defeat will be necessary then.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 2-piece "RAA" intake manifold is found on the '02+ CRV, '03+ (4cyl) Honda Accord and '03+ Element. It is very similar to the RBB TSX manifold design, but has a smaller plenum and a 60mm throttle-body hole in comparison. A lot of Accord/CRV/Element owners upgrade to the RBB manifold because of the larger plenum, which shows some healthy torque gains. Curiosity made me want to see what kind of power this piece would produce on a K20A engine. This RAA was left completely stock except for the throttle-body hole, which was opened up to 70mm.

So yes on the intake manifold use. As far as ecu, what ecu are you running or planning to run? If going JDM then no bypass is needed, however, bypass chips are available and relatively easy to install. I would suggest if you are going relatively stock engine wise that the cheaper option would be to use the accord ecu but that will limit modifications later down the line. I would suggest for ease of the swap going with either a kpro or ktuner prepped ecu. They use different years and vehicle stock ecu for starting out so match that to whatever tuner you want. No immobilizer defeat will be necessary then.
So sir, here is my main question. how can i make my DBW k24a8 run with cable TB on NO KPRO/KTUNER? Which intake manifold, throttle body, ecu(stock,non jdm), and wiring harness will work in unison? It will all go in an eg chassis.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,993 Posts
So sir, here is my main question. how can i make my DBW k24a8 run with cable TB on NO KPRO/KTUNER? Which intake manifold, throttle body, ecu(stock,non jdm), and wiring harness will work in unison? It will all go in an eg chassis.
I would look for a k20a3 base rsx ecu and engine harness , or 02-05 civic si. Your Adjustable fuel pressure regulator should help fatten it up to meet the demands of the 2.4 and you will have the ecu commanding the proper type of vtec engagement etc for the engine type. This isn’t an ideal setup but it would get you driving around. Regardless of which route you take to complete your k swap you will need an 02-04 rsx or ep3 engine harness and ecu. An rbc manifold with a k24a4 accord throttle body is a good budget combo and there’s no adapter plate needed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would look for a k20a3 base rsx ecu and engine harness , or 02-05 civic si. Your Adjustable fuel pressure regulator should help fatten it up to meet the demands of the 2.4 and you will have the ecu commanding the proper type of vtec engagement etc for the engine type. This isn’t an ideal setup but it would get you driving around. Regardless of which route you take to complete your k swap you will need an 02-04 rsx or ep3 engine harness and ecu. An rbc manifold with a k24a4 accord throttle body is a good budget combo and there’s no adapter plate needed.
Thank you!! You're my hero..One last question, can i use an rbb manifold in place of the rbc? someone is selling one near me for only $40 Drop your paypal if you want that dollar 😂🤟

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,993 Posts
F
The only parts eg specific will be your conversion harness
Thank you!! You're my hero..One last question, can i use an rbb manifold in place of the rbc? someone is selling one near me for only $40 Drop your paypal if you want that dollar 😂🤟
you can use the rbb you will just need to see what oem throttle bodies are compatible with that bolt pattern. Keep the dollar put it towards your swap lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts