Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll get straight to the fun stuff. Got my car tuned using my experimental ported/polished TSX manifold and accord throttle body.

Motor Specs:
- K24A1 Bottom end (Stock)
- K20A2 Oil Pump
- K20A2 RSX-S Head (Stock Valves/Spring/Etc)
- RSX-S Intake Cam
- TSX Exhaust Cam
- Ported/Polished TSX Intake Manifold
- Accord Throttle Body
- DC Sports Header
- 2.5" Straight Back Mandrel Exhaust
- Magnaflow Muffler
- Short Ram 3" Intake, K&N Filter
- 93 Octane

217whp/184wtq - Dynojet, SAE

I'm too lazy to use my scanner, so meh. It was a really sensitive car to tune because of the manifold but it made crazy torque, which is the entire purpose of my build/intake manifold.

I'd like to give a HUGE thanks to Norris for the wicked awesome tune, couldn't have done it without him. Such a nice/informative guy, Plus...He's the mad scientist! :p He said it would continue to make/hold power to 8k, only thing holding it back is the pistons/rods. Hooray for ported/polished TSX manifold!

-Froth

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4th with a Type-R, 3rd was really short.

-Froth

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 4.764 Final drive is amazing, I love it. It's short enough to get the job done but not TOO short.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
what size rim and tires are you running? I'm using 205/50/15's and I think for our powerband that it's too short if I make anymore power than I am now, we're almost at the exact same numbers i'm 218/185 but with a type-s IM/TB and SSR headers/3" exhaust. RBC and BDL 70mm soon to be added for me

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
205/50/15's for daily use, I run 225/50/15's at the track. The Type-R 6SPD with 4.764 Final Drive and LSD puts me in the dead top of 5th in the 1/4 mile and I wouldn't have it any other way. Larger final drive generally means faster acceleration, especially to someone who knows how to drive and can control traction issues. I daily drive this car.

-Froth

·
Registered
481 Posts
Who ported/polished the TSX intake manifold, and what exactly was done to it?
Did you do any work inside the plenum?

The TSX intake manifold does have more potential than an RBC in a K24 build since the K24 doesn't need to be revved more than 8500rpms.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Who ported/polished the TSX intake manifold, and what exactly was done to it?
Did you do any work inside the plenum?
I did the work on the Manifold, Fully ported polished the injector base and about 90% of the main runners to the plenum. I used a 12" extension and my Die Grinder with some 120grit flapwheel sanding wheels. The inside of the plenum was smoothed and perfectly matched to the throttlebody. I did all of the work.

What rods/pistons are in the motor? Was just wondering since you said they were gonna be your limiting factor, plus this is the same setup i am building now.
Dead stock, CRV pistons and rods. Redline is ONLY set to 7500rpm because of those rods. The RSX oil pump could easily handle 8000RPM but I don't want to push the rods that far. This is a daily driven car, 300+ miles a week.

-Froth

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The entire build was centered around making the most torque possible, I'm ecstatic that it actually worked out!

-Froth

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Dead stock, CRV pistons and rods. Redline is ONLY set to 7500rpm because of those rods. The RSX oil pump could easily handle 8000RPM but I don't want to push the rods that far. This is a daily driven car, 300+ miles a week.

-Froth
Cool...I asked this because i wasn't looking at your dyno close enuff, i saw the numbers at bottom and didn't notice that they were for mph and not rpm:rolleyes: So, i thought you was turning 8300 rpm on stock K24A1 bottom end...:D

so, since i cleaned up my brain fart off the floor, what rpm did you turn on this dyno run, the full 7500?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 20 of 106 Posts