Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm just wondering who has used this mount kit. I have had 2 transmission brackets sent to me and neither one line's up on the smaller side bolt. Is it just me or has everyone had the same problem?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Did you make a typo on the ekk3's? when did they come out with them I haven't seen nothing on the website.

How different are they compared to ekk2's?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No typo. It's for the k24 transmission with eg subframe. The kit has been out for a while actually.

·
P.M.W./A.W.S.
21,524 Posts
OP, have you tried adjusting the transmission? When I say adjust, I mean move it so that the holes line up with each other. The hole on the bracket from the hole on the trans doesn't look far off.

I know when installed my EKK2's, the bushings were stiff and it required me pushing either the engine or the trans to get the rear bracket to line up.

Sometimes when you have new mounts/bushings you need a good nudge to get them lined.

Other suggestion I can make is try installing the trans bracket first but don't tighten the bolts then try lining up and installing the driver side and pass side mounts and brackets and go from there.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are no bushings on that bracket. The bracket mounts to the tranny than the actual engine mount bolts on to the top of that bracket. The picture posted is of the first bracket they sent. The second bracket lined up a little better but still took lots of hammering and prying to get the bolts in. I eventually got all 3 in but it was not easy.

·
P.M.W./A.W.S.
21,524 Posts
I understand there are no bushings on the bracket.

What I was getting at is that once the brackets are bolted onto the mount, it can hard to move them due to the stiffness of the bushings.

So you eventually got everything to work?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The motor is on a cart so for now I won't be putting on the rear bracket. But it looks like it should line up. It took me a while to get that tranny bracket on. I'm sure it would have went on if I just drove the bolts in but I like things to be done right and not cross thread anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts