Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i am doing a k series swap into a dc2 and was wondering which radiator and rad hoses everyone is using? I can get a used C&R DC5 rad here for pretty cheap, and was wondering if it fits or would i have to get a half size rad with two cores? Thanks

Also wondering, i have a ITR and was told that gsr axles would work(and gsr is the same ones as the ITR). Is this true? Or would i have to get the driveshaft shop ones?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Personally, I have K in an eg.

I got just new not preformed heater hoses straight lengths are fine.
I ran a thin fan on the front side in the core support with a dual core radiator 95 del sol si.
Just get some radiator hoses that have the shape that you need and take the rest back.

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
werd said:
Also wondering, i have a ITR and was told that gsr axles would work(and gsr is the same ones as the ITR). Is this true? Or would i have to get the driveshaft shop ones?
Yes, gsr/itr axles would need to get modified but they will work.

·
Registered
599 Posts
werd said:
Hey i am doing a k series swap into a dc2 and was wondering which radiator and rad hoses everyone is using? I can get a used C&R DC5 rad here for pretty cheap, and was wondering if it fits or would i have to get a half size rad with two cores?
We used a C&R DC5 radiator in our DC2. One of the lower radiator mounts was moved to allow it to fit. This solution works really well, because the radiator has a threaded boss to mount the radiator fan switch at the bottom of the radiator. The C&R radiator then uses sotck RSX radiator hoses for connections.

Another advantage is, if your not using the Hasport mount kit your engine will sit farther forward. The flatter fan that comes with the C&R will give you some clearance.

brian g

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nikos said:
Yes, gsr/itr axles would need to get modified but they will work.
Thanks, everybody.

One more question, what modifications would have to be done to the axles to make them fit?

<--------------Awaits the hasport DC2 Kit :D

·
Registered
599 Posts
werd said:
One more question, what modifications would have to be done to the axles to make them fit?
The inboard joint needs to be changed on the axle that inserts into the transmission. The GSR joint is too short to engage the C-clip properly.

brian g

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brian g said:
werd said:
The inboard joint needs to be changed on the axle that inserts into the transmission. The GSR joint is too short to engage the C-clip properly.

brian g
So that would be GSR outer, dc5 inner?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
werd said:
brian g said:
werd said:

brian g
So that would be GSR outer, dc5 inner?
I've heard you can use the EP3 axles with the 5th gen civic / 3rd gen teg. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts