Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
alright guys i have a k24a2 and bought buddy club spec 3 cams with brian crower dual springs and titanium retainers,the specs of the cams are attached,im about to buy high cr pistons but im confused which bore and what valve releif it should have? as i have heard and read enough bad experience with people ordering wrong pistons with wrong specs which end up with VTP contact,i need to buy 12.5 cr but i need ur guys help about the valve releifs and any other specs which would be needed according to the specified cams above

any help would be appreciated :up:

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
The bore is up to you. On stock sleeves i wouldn't go higher than 88mm. Just go with a 87.5mm bore on your block and matching pistons. 12.5 compression pistons shouldn't be an issue with cams. Clay your motor. Its usually the VTC that causes the VTP clearance issues! Correct me if Im wrong!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for ur reply man,any guess about what valve relief to run on these specs cam? i wont be going over 25 vtc as i would be running the stock tsx cam gear

would the CP shelf piston 12.5cr 87.5mm be good for these specs cams? they dont have any info written about the valve relief etc

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
thanks for ur reply man,any guess about what valve relief to run on these specs cam? i wont be going over 25 vtc as i would be running the stock tsx cam gear

would the CP shelf piston 12.5cr 87.5mm be good for these specs cams? they dont have any info written about the valve relief etc
I couldnt tell you! I know Wiseco pistons have a deeper valve relief for pistons! These are wisecos specs from http://www.blueprintracing.com/shopexd.asp?id=1283

k24 87.5mm 12.4:1
Compression: 12.4:1
Compression height: 1.181
Dome volume: 2.5cc
intake pocket depth: 0.240
Exhaust pocket depth: 0.175
Suggested clearance: 0.003
Weight 310 grams
Gas ported: yes

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol,i had the old version of the wiseco pistons specs,now they have 12.5cr as shelf pistons,thats great :up:
so im wondering if i go with the 87.5 12.5 the ones they have posted it would be good with the BC spec 3 cams :confused: im just confused about the valve relief,maybe i would just have to clay the motor to see that

one more nooby question,i dont want to bore my block out,would the 87mm fit or the 87.5 considering that the motor has already run like 40k km and would had used some of the walls life up :rolleyes:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
would a 87mm stock bore pistons slide right inn in my block without any trouble?? i mean would it be reliable?

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
would a 87mm stock bore pistons slide right inn in my block without any trouble?? i mean would it be reliable?
I dont really see a problem. I know alot of people just like a fresh surface to start with. You dont want a block that is too out of round!

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
It is imperative that you have the cylinders properly sized for forged pistons or you can very easily seize a piston or simply wear it out in a few hundred miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.