Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Which motor is a better platform for a N/A drag car?

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  nikos 
#1 ·
This was probably covered but in my searches i haven come up with anything useful ...so my question it whats a better plateform for drag racing (all motor) between k20a,k20a2,or a k24 ...i do plan on doing a full build and etc ...but ill prob be running just ITB's and a DTR header and K-pro for a couple of months ....

like what would the pros and cons be for each motor and etc ...

thanks for help and info you can provide and if there was a thread about this please post a link ...thanks :)

#2 ·
It really depends on your budget. I would take it easy and start with the k20a2. Then as I drag that, add cams and ITBS.... The sky is limit after that.. You can built the block,swap the block.. It is important that the car is setup to run with the K. As you have a running car, changing configurations is not very hard to do in my opinion since all the K motors use the same mounts.

SAme people think that they shoild do it right the first time and go with a k24a/k20a2 motor etc... That is fine too.. I just don;t want to end up messing something up and not having a running motor at all. I wold much rather start with a K20a2 or a K24a swap and go from there.

#3 ·
I agree. the K20A and K20A2 is a good package to start with. with the right developement on the motor and on the chassis of the car you can go pretty well. I dont know if I will go to the K24 hybrid or not. think the K20A is still a hard package to beat. and its reliable and proven so..

#5 ·
yea as of right now i am leaning more towards the K20a route ...the reason im not going all out at once is because buying the motor and etc ...i am still prepping the car itself like suspension,brakes,chassis, and etc ...and with all that my budget wont be able to handle a full race build (unless i hit the lottery lol) ... thanks for the comments guys i really appreciate and value your guys comments and opinions :up: ...but keep it coming the more the better...

Joe

#6 ·
if thats the case go with a stock K20A JDM. spend the money on developing the chassis. and fixing the problems you incounter along the way. then go to a K24-20 hybrid. If you start with power you wont know what your doing wrong. but to have less power and develop usinbg that to its potential then start bolt the power in..

The reason why I have stayed stock block at this stage is because I am still undesided if I will go K24 or stay K20. if I dont build the block til I can afford it I can make a decision later. I'd rather make sure people dont have issues with the K24-20 hybrids first..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.