Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i get a jdm k20 its gonna come with lsd. if i end up getting a usdm i dont know which lsd to go with. im going to road race more than drag. and i have an 95 eg. and whats the average price to get one installed. please help

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
i'm going with a Carbonetics carbon unit , Carbonetics used to be ats
one of the best lsd's you can buy cost around 12-1350 . ill have pics next week of mine

·
Registered
21,787 Posts
There are a few LSD's you can go with. Kaaz and Mugen are clutch type so you'll need to replace the discs a bit if you are actually road racing. If youre auto-x'ing, you could be safe with any type lsd, but the clutch types wear faster I think. Then theres quaife, stock honda, ats (carbonetic) and I think toda has one too. Your best bet from what I have been told for a somewhat daily car is the oem one or quaife.

There is also OBX, the cheapest, but I have read mixed things about them. Look around on here and see what different people say for different purposes.

-Colin:up:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heard alot about quaife from friends. you think most tranny shops will do the install or should i just take it to a local honda perf. shop

·
Registered
28 Posts
im planning on getting a DC5-R LSD and put it in my tranny for my TSX if not then going wiht the qualfie. im going to be raod racing like you also then drag strip its my daily driver ;]

·
Registered
02 EP3 w/K20A R, 97/00 EK w/B16B R, 94 EG2 B16A3, 90 EF9 B16A OBD1, 95 B14 SER Turbo
6 Posts
Couple posts on my experience with the "Phantom Grip" block type LSD Alternative here. $30 shipped.. Cant complain,
K20A + Type-S trans + Ep3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts