Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello im new here and i'm looking to swap a k series motor into my 99 civic si. i heard of the k20a k24a and so on but i'm not sure how too tell which is which. i found a k20a for 1500 and a k24a for 1200 but they say the k20a is not the type r so what would it be? and is it worth it for me to buy the k24a? please help

·
Registered
433 Posts
dude, granted this is a forum but bro...there is a ton of info here, at least read and search a tad! 1500 for a K20a...is it blown up, stolen, shit in? You better either buy that or run like hell.

·
Registered
99 Posts
quick lesson - who ever has a k20a for 1500 find out if its just the block (long block = block & head, short block is just the block)

people say K20a but it could be:
k20a3 (civic si or base rsx rated @ 160hp)
K20a2 (rsx-s / euro CTR rated at 200 hp)
k20a (JDM ITR/CTR rated at 220hp)

most likely for $1500 is the k20a3 or K20a2

& yes please search & read up as much as you can

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RC000E said:
dude, granted this is a forum but bro...there is a ton of info here, at least read and search a tad!
sorry but i work from 7am-8pm everyday and i'm at the gym from 9-11 so i dont have time to sit here and read through every pointless thread that does not help me. everyone on here reffers to them as just k20a so i was just asking how to tell them apart. sorry that you had to go out of your way to aswer a 2 second question. and yes it is just the long block.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.