Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2003 manual type-S RSX with the intent of swapping the powertrain into a 1986 AW11 MR2.

In prep for this I bought a MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate ECU kit only to realize after some further investigation that the K20 cam phasing might be a challenge not easily solved with the MS3.

Since I'm re-using the stock engine harness, the AEM Infinity-8h with Plug & Play Jumper Harness seems to be an easy solution, however I have a feeling I'm going to be spending hours trying to split the stock harness, removing unused or un-needed chassis wiring from the engine loom.

Are their any standalone kits that come with a complete replacement plug and play engine harness that just plugs into the stock sensors?

As far as capabilities go, I'm looking for Flex-fuel sensing, staged multi-injector logic, and boost-by-speed.

I have past experience tuning old Holley EFI's, and plan on tuning the setup myself, so this will be my first time using an adaptive closed loop + wideband type setup from the last decade and a half.

Anyone point me in the right direction for what to buy, or if I can make the MS3 work with examples?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I purchased a 2003 manual type-S RSX with the intent of swapping the powertrain into a 1986 AW11 MR2.

In prep for this I bought a MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate ECU kit only to realize after some further investigation that the K20 cam phasing might be a challenge not easily solved with the MS3.

Since I'm re-using the stock engine harness, the AEM Infinity-8h with Plug & Play Jumper Harness seems to be an easy solution, however I have a feeling I'm going to be spending hours trying to split the stock harness, removing unused or un-needed chassis wiring from the engine loom.

Are their any standalone kits that come with a complete replacement plug and play engine harness that just plugs into the stock sensors?

As far as capabilities go, I'm looking for Flex-fuel sensing, staged multi-injector logic, and boost-by-speed.

I have past experience tuning old Holley EFI's, and plan on tuning the setup myself, so this will be my first time using an adaptive closed loop + wideband type setup from the last decade and a half.

Anyone point me in the right direction for what to buy, or if I can make the MS3 work with examples?

Thanks!
Did you ever figure this out? Interested to hear if you got the MS3 running. I'm fairly certain the MS3 should be able to tune VVT tables...

·
Registered
409 Posts
Except the staged multi injector stuff, the bread and butter Hondata and Doctronic conversion offer boost by gear and flex fuel sensor and mapping support.
I use it with the Doctronic ECU based on a PRA ECU.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts