Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
jon v said:
Who are you to tell me what I need to know or don't need to know? If they are going to post a chart like that that claims they make more power than anyone else, and the reason is because of the fast ramp technology I don't see why it is unreasonable to ask what it is?

dyno's charts don't mean much... I guess if you don't have a clue about how things work you wouldn't be interested... Do those pretty lines on the chart amaze you that much?

like edo said, no one gave the recipe to make power, why does the opposition request it....skunk 2 is finally coming out a showing the world dyno's what everylast person on this board likes to see PROOF...people question IPS, IB, skunk2, everylast person with something to offer to go fast...and black and white is still not enough, still questions even after a huge accomplishment to get a real test

·
NOR*CAL
941 Posts
its funny how a couple years back when skunk2 was racing, breaking records and winning races, everyone loved them and they were the shit... now ips has been winning races, breaking records and putting in work everyone loves them, too much bandwagoning going on around here... everyone likes to hug nuts for the time being, instead of give credit where its really due... the facts are there.. both companies put out some top notch stuff, people always jump the gun and want to try and bash someones work knowing damn well some of these companies have been around since hondas werent even going 11s all motor...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
allmtrallday said:
its funny how a couple years back when skunk2 was racing, breaking records and winning races, everyone loved them and they were the shit... now ips has been winning races, breaking records and putting in work everyone loves them, too much bandwagoning going on around here... everyone likes to hug nuts for the time being, instead of give credit where its really due... the facts are there.. both companies put out some top notch stuff, people always jump the gun and want to try and bash someones work knowing damn well some of these companies have been around since hondas werent even going 11s all motor...
Well said.:up:

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Skunk2TS said:
BTW, as a formal introduction, my name is Tony Shagday. Ive been driving the Skunk2 DC2 (Project Beta) since it was created and work here now as the Sales Manager.
Good to meet you.

I dont know where else this thread can go. lol. I can admit that it has gone a little overboard and gotten out of hand. Should we just close it? or just stop posting in it until we can get some good clean comparisons?

Any takers?

-Jalal

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
MJ23FE said:
Good to meet you.

I dont know where else this thread can go. lol. I can admit that it has gone a little overboard and gotten out of hand. Should we just close it? or just stop posting in it until we can get some good clean comparisons?

Any takers?

-Jalal
I agree (as stated before). At this point it is just conversation between individuals and not really the right place. The test thread was born out of this thread which is good, but I think for now, both "sides" are going to remain pretty quiet and neutral. Until then, may everyone have a great new year...well see you at the track.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
allmtrallday said:
I agree, but the things Skunk is doing in this thread is questionable. I could care less who it is that makes the most power. The fact is that they do. If Toda made the most power I would buy them. We all know that is not the case. Also with the recent IPS price increase I think everybody is looking for an alternative. I personally like IBspec's products, and they are on my list of possibilities. I've personally met Ron in person, and he is a great guy, and was willing to talk to me for quite sometime. I would love to buy his camshafts, but they are kinda priced out of reach of allot of us now. I wish I would of bought them awhile back. I mean for the price of their cams, and valvetran nowadays, you can buy IB cams, and valvetran, and have Jeff port your head. Make power not boyfriends. If Skunks makes the power for less, I'd buy them.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
I appreciate all the Skunk guys coming on here and sharing there experiences, knowledge, and info. I also have nothing against there products and hope to see them produce more K series stuff. I also hope to be able to participate in some of there seminars they are talking about.

This is a public forum though and everyone has there own opinion and no one is affraid to express there's. The way things are presented on these kinds of forums also have an effect on the way things are taken. Posting info like this usually inspires all kinds of reactions and someone posting should know that and be ready for any type of responce...

txtypes said:
like edo said, no one gave the recipe to make power, why does the opposition request it....skunk 2 is finally coming out a showing the world dyno's what everylast person on this board likes to see PROOF...people question IPS, IB, skunk2, everylast person with something to offer to go fast...and black and white is still not enough, still questions even after a huge accomplishment to get a real test
You my friend make big companies like this look bad with your ignorant statements... If you are happy with dyno graphs than keep giving people your money for shit you have no idea what it does (race cams in your street car :rolleyes: LoL)... While the rest of us are here to learn and help the industry excell, so don't try and talk shit about someone who is trying to get some technical info. Just because you may not understand, or want to understand doesn't mean nobody else will. If they have things they don't want to share I am sure they won't post about them...

You don't race dyno's SON... I hope you enjoy all the charts and colors... :down:

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Enough guys, i mean, just forget it and move on. It's really not worth anyone's time for this. Just trying to save any trouble people might eventually have, thats all.

-Jalal

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Brandon Heat said:
You use the power that they show, so what is your point?
You gotta put the power to the ground first... and do you know anything about how many different style dyno's there are? and how they all read differently? A dyno is a tool used for tuning, and they will give you an idea of what you may be able to expect at the track. Might as well leave the car at home and just bring your chart to the track :rolleyes: . I haven't seen to many NHRA dyno trophies...

txtypes said:
thats right he's a doe doe bird
what are you 5 years old? Mommy and daddy paying for your fun?

If people are going to advertise and promote a product with tech lingo on a forum they should expect questions, especially on a technical forum like this one... If they don't want to ansewer any questions they might as well stick to magazines so kids like you can eat up the advertising hype...

Might as well lock this one up...

·
Registered
749 Posts
jon v said:
You gotta put the power to the ground first... and do you know anything about how many different style dyno's there are? and how they all read differently? A dyno is a tool used for tuning, and they will give you an idea of what you may be able to expect at the track. Might as well leave the car at home and just bring your chart to the track :rolleyes: . I haven't seen to many NHRA dyno trophies...

I understand that completely, but this is a test of different cams on the same car on the same dyno?...These graphs don't hold any merit? and wouldn't the car that has the most power (all else thing being equal) is going to win right?

·
Registered
34 Posts
MJ23FE said:
Enough guys, i mean, just forget it and move on. It's really not worth anyone's time for this. Just trying to save any trouble people might eventually have, thats all.

-Jalal
Funny how this thread turned out. All the bickering isnt going to change anything. I have to agree with Jalal. The cams will be dynoed, and the truth will come out, in regards to the Stage 2 and K2. What s the sense in arguing which is better, if no one can show the proof? How many of us will ever buy a K10 cam? How many of us will spend $60 000 on race engines? Let the dyno test run, and I am sure you will probably see benefits in both cams. Someone like me, would more appreciate a cam with a good fat torque curve and others might like a cam that has all the power at the top. When the test is done, buy the one that fits your likes.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Brandon Heat said:
I understand that completely, but this is a test of different cams on the same car on the same dyno?...These graphs don't hold any merit? and wouldn't the car that has the most power (all else thing being equal) is going to win right?

have you read the thread? Thats why there is an independant comparison going on between the K2's and the Skunk stage 2's. There is alot more than just that one graph in this thread... And no the car with teh most peak HP does not always win the race, the are under the curve accounts for a good portion of the 1/4 mile...

I'm not trying to start any arguements, I just hate ignorant comments. When I see something like this chart posted I don't think it is unreasonable to ask a few questions...

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Duckiller01 said:
Your funny... you lock threads down because of drama but you yourself create it. I PM'd you about my post and who I was and you said no Prob. Now you do dumb things w/ the info... why should gmsii know who I am? I've been Duckiller for 7 years! No where on my Employement Application did it ask for me to regester my personal forum names... and just because I choose to log on to this forum @ anytime of the day, it does it mean that I am doing so on behalf of S2.

These are the reasons we do not share who we are or where we work!
Ok, I was not trying to create drama, just thought it was funny along with other things I noticed. You see, when 4-5 people are all posting and representing Skunk2, most people take it as Skunk2 official statements. Like one of you guys saying the skunk2 are the best, someone else saying he is not saying they are the best.. or that the 8620 material is not overkill on the IPS cams, but then someone esle from skunk2 is posting that Skunk2 can also offer the cams in 8620... Stuff like this is expected to happen because people are all individuals with their own opinions.

I actually thought it was pretty funny the joke I made, sorry if you took it the wrong way.. It is the internet and written speech is the only way to communicate with the assistance of expression icons like this one, :p or :silly:

·
Registered
4,294,967,295 Posts
6spd_EK said:
I would rather you guys be here than not... as you said & I have to agree you guys have a lot of info & I know I have a lot to learn :up:

I's still like to hear what you have found about oil pump, water pump & oils in -series motors :up:
Word:cool:
CAMS ARE SHIPPED

161 - 178 of 178 Posts