Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

121 - 140 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
MJ23FE said:
Build an engine that can handle the revs with real induction if you are going to test this cam in it. We don't need to hear excuses.
jaleel, we tested the cam in a race engine with itbs and a race header with the same results...we'll post those graphs and others once we are finished testing all these cams in the next couple weeks

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
gmsii said:
jaleel, we tested the cam in a race engine with itbs and a race header with the same results...we'll post those graphs and others once we are finished testing all these cams in the next couple weeks
I really am looking foward to it, jackass! :up:

-Jalal

·
Registered
7 Posts
Norris,

You know we have graphs and I will say the one that IPS K10 shows is impressive, I would like to know what the motor is and gas or alcohol. We do not have anything recent on a chassis dyno the last one was our old 2.4ish motor that made 322 to the wheels when we ran 9.86. The engine dyno numbers were 348-350hp. The graphs we can post tomorrow are only around 366-370 engine horsepower and that motor we ran 9.63 with.
I could not imagine what that IPS K10 motor would do with those kinds of numbers to the wheels....it must be some outlaw motor or something.
I would like to see what the time frame (seconds) for the IPS motor to go from 5000-10200 just to see what the rate of acceleration is (rpm per sec) as our engine dyno is around 300 rpm per sec.

·
Registered
986 Posts
MJ23FE said:
Have you guys @ Skunk2 not seen this???

It's making its peak power right around 9600-10k, and is just another thing people should know when looking at your dyno.

-Jalal

Note: this was an old graph.

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
gmsii said:
man...you guys really mystify the k10 cam! there is nothing mystical about it. it is not a large cam and is still quite aways of from being a true race cam for a drag race engine.

you should re-read s2 rd's post on why we don't pull it up to 10k on the engine dyno and why the engine dyno graph shows a more accurate curve than a wheel dyno.
There's nothing mystical about any cam really. Just eccentric lumps of metal. However, it's rather disparaging to state that the cam that powered Clutchmasters/IPS cars to a record setting season is not a true race cam. Any cam that is winning races is a legitimate race cam. The case is closed on that issue until next race season.

Regarding why wheel dyno results are popular - they're accessible. That's the language of the tuner scene. The point is, why not just stick to the standard format? The accepted standard of the k-series community is 4th gear on a dynojet.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
I am interested to see how your guys FI cams perform...

·
Registered
4,294,967,295 Posts
S2 R&D said:
We are also interested in what the general public and majority of people are looking for in cams, intakes, headers, stroker kits and the like. We have our own ideas but you guys are the ones who "we hope" will buy this stuff I think it is best to cater to you than to have it forced upon you. Let us know what you are looking for or hoping and we will see what happens.

Jeff
Awesome, that is exactly what we want too. :up:
Everyone wants to learn, thats why we are here. Marketplace would be perfect for this, one item per thread, that way people can ask questions regarding them.
Is Accuracy Automotive your distributor on here? Are they the same ones in VA?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Here is the graph of the customers motor as it came in here, setup and tuned elsewhere. We then threw in stage 3's to see how they would compare.

90mm bore x 99mm stroke
Arias Pistons
Steel Rods
TWM 52mm ITB's
VP C16 gas
Hondata

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Skunk2TS said:
Some info about our cam design.

LoL... :rolleyes:

can you explain a little more about your fast ramp technology? Do you guys use a different core material to protect against wear?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
I assume thats a graph of one of your motors out of the Skunk 9 sec race car?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Duckiller01 said:
My name is Robert. Why?:confused:
Do you work for skunk now instead of AEM?

just shows you have the same IP address as all the Skunk guys...

·
Banned
27 Posts
jon v said:
Do you work for skunk now instead of AEM?

just shows you have the same IP address as all the Skunk guys...

Who is this that I am speaking to? I dont mind sharing personal info but I would like to know whom I am sharing it with.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
My name is Jon... LoL... Just another So-Cal native enjoying the local import industry... Wouldn't mind getting a job in the business, this political Aerospace stuff is starting to get to me...
I really am not to interested in your personal info, just clarifying the other guys question/assumption for you...

Just looked back at some of your other post and saw you said you worked for AEM, now it seems like you are working at skunk.

I E-mailed you guys trying to get more info about the seminars you guys were talking about but got no responce?

121 - 140 of 178 Posts