Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,614 Posts

·
Banned
15,815 Posts
Re: where to get ips cams(Nikos hasnt replied)

I still sell them on occasion. I doubt you can wait 8 weeks+ for a set of ips cams since you cannot wait a few days to get a PM back.

Having some of the best parts requires patience and loyalty. I am sorry but you cannot force me to do anything for you that I don't want to. I have been busy and off work for personal family reasons.

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: where to get ips cams(Nikos hasnt replied)

I still sell them on occasion. I doubt you can wait 8 weeks+ for a set of ips cams since you cannot wait a few days to get a PM back.

Having some of the best parts requires patience and loyalty. I am sorry but you cannot force me to do anything for you that I don't want to. I have been busy and off work for personal family reasons.
i can wait 8 weeks, thats why i wanna pay for them now. that way i can get them in 2 months and have my car ready to go for the summer. its just im in a rush to order them now because i know i will have to wait 8+ weeks for them

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
Re: where to get ips cams(nikos hasnt replied)

nikos your not selling them anymore?
In addition to the list of distributors, I recall seeing Norris selling the cams as well. Might try shooting him a PM.

Just wondering, which cams were you looking to get and for what motor config?

Nikos is right in that you need to have a little patience if you want to own IPS cams. I liken it to the process of buying a rolls royce. There are none sitting on the dealership lots b/c each and every one is made to order. I hate to see people scared off from buying IPS because of the wait. What you get at the end of the wait is totally worth it IMO.

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

In addition to the list of distributors, I recall seeing Norris selling the cams as well. Might try shooting him a PM.

Just wondering, which cams were you looking to get and for what motor config?

Nikos is right in that you need to have a little patience if you want to own IPS cams. I liken it to the process of buying a rolls royce. There are none sitting on the dealership lots b/c each and every one is made to order. I hate to see people scared off from buying IPS because of the wait. What you get at the end of the wait is totally worth it IMO.
chunky, i can wait for them, but i wanna get them odered asap so i can get them sooner, i dont wanna oder them a month from now and get them in july, half way through summer. i think i wanna get k10's, i have ib rods, cp 12.5:1 pistons, k20 head with stg 3 pnp from jeff when he worked for ib, and valve job. but i have s2stg3 cams now, and my motor jumped timing just like yours did, and i need to rebuild my motor the right way this time. the way it should of been done the first time. whats norris's name again

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts

chunky, i can wait for them, but i wanna get them odered asap so i can get them sooner, i dont wanna oder them a month from now and get them in july, half way through summer. i think i wanna get k10's, i have ib rods, cp 12.5:1 pistons, k20 head with stg 3 pnp from jeff when he worked for ib, and valve job. but i have s2stg3 cams now, and my motor jumped timing just like yours did, and i need to rebuild my motor the right way this time. the way it should of been done the first time. whats norris's name again

http://www.k20a.org/forum/member.php?u=5055

Well, that's the thing about the cams, the wait is not fixed. It may be longer than you expect, it may be shorter than you expect. It will depend on a number of factors that can't be fully controlled. The main thing is that You have to want them. If you pay for them, you will get them. If you pay for them and then change your mind when you get tired of waiting, it screws everything up.

Also, with a cam like the K10, you have to base your piston selection on clearances that the K10 will allow. Otherwise you will not be able to fully realize the cam's potential. The CP 12.5:1 do not have enough clearance to run 50deg advance with the K10 and I'm not sure that there is enough material to permit adequate deepening of the valve reliefs.

That really sucks about jumping teeth with the skunk cams. I've been there, done that, and it's so nice to be able to start my motor up without thinking about whether today will be the day that the chain jumps teeth. I spent enough to buy two sets of IPS cams chasing tensioner issues. Granted, I did get them sorted out in the end and had everything running reliably, there was always that worry in the back of my mind. I told myself as soon as I could afford to buy IPS cams, I would do it just to get the peace of mind.

I gotta say, I underestimated just how good it feels. :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts

·
Pepsi Soprano
1,365 Posts

Well, that's the thing about the cams, the wait is not fixed. It may be longer than you expect, it may be shorter than you expect. It will depend on a number of factors that can't be fully controlled. The main thing is that You have to want them. If you pay for them, you will get them. If you pay for them and then change your mind when you get tired of waiting, it screws everything up.

Also, with a cam like the K10, you have to base your piston selection on clearances that the K10 will allow. Otherwise you will not be able to fully realize the cam's potential. The CP 12.5:1 do not have enough clearance to run 50deg advance with the K10 and I'm not sure that there is enough material to permit adequate deepening of the valve reliefs.

That really sucks about jumping teeth with the skunk cams. I've been there, done that, and it's so nice to be able to start my motor up without thinking about whether today will be the day that the chain jumps teeth. I spent enough to buy two sets of IPS cams chasing tensioner issues. Granted, I did get them sorted out in the end and had everything running reliably, there was always that worry in the back of my mind. I told myself as soon as I could afford to buy IPS cams, I would do it just to get the peace of mind.

peace of mind is priceless,with that said some ppl have the feeling that running sk2 cams is like bangin a hooker with pin holes on your condom.
should be an interesting ride.

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

well i already have a tsx intake cam gear, modded by superfly to only go to 45 deg, will this be fine with the k10, if not ill get kme's if they will get me too 300whp

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts

peace of mind is priceless,with that said some ppl have the feeling that running sk2 cams is like bangin a hooker with pin holes on your condom.
should be an interesting ride.
LOL. Nice analogy. I guess I'd say running IPS feels like rawdoggin' a supermodel. :heart:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.