Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, great site, im thrilled I came across this place.

Here is my question though, it's actually how I found the site, where are some places to purchase JDM K20A engines. I found a previous thread started where some people stated they could be found for 6000-3500, including one person who said E Tuning has them for 3500 or so all year round. Though no links were posted and im unable to find any aside from one on ebay.
The one I found on ebay was for roughly 6500, but it was a COMPLETE swap, included tranny, LSD, ecu, full harness, full suspension, brakes, EVERYTHING a whole front clip would have, aside from the body.

But, like I said, this is the only one ive managed to find, so I decided to throw out the question to the boards community. Where are some good, preferably reputable lol places to purchase a JDM K20A.

Thanx a bunch, and again, great site! :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yah thanx a bunch I like the setup of the board itself! has a great look and feel to it. plus i think its great a community can be started just about the engine! lol thats so frickin awsome

any way, about what u posted nikos, a seperate thread would be an awsome idea! I mean there probally isnt an enormous amount of jdm k20a's on the market as the DC5 integra has only been around for 2 years now. not really enough time for some to get wrecked and the engines salvaged, yaddda yadda, and all the other ways we manage to import j-spec engines. So a thread dedicated to helping members find whats available would be an awsome idea!

supafly, can i ask man where u got yours? cause frankly, that sounds like an amazing deal! 5500 shipped is a VERY VERY reasonable price IMHO, and for it to be final deal and shipped to your door 5500 is A DAMN FIND! lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx guys

Well unlike most of you guys here, I dont own a Civic :wink: . So the install kits dont really apply to me. I own a base RSX and figure if in the years to come I want to do an engine swap, the K20A with its LSD and better 6-spd would be a better choice then then K20A2 from a Type-S.

Since the site itself is dedictaed to K20A's in general, its awsome, because it applies to ANYONE and car who can swap a K20

Again thanx for the thread u started their niko, and thanx supafly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanx taqman15, i checked that link and there currently selling a k20A from a DC5-R for 5500, COMPLETE swap!

the prices keep getting better and better :)

I dont know, im not planning on purchasing a K20A to replace the K20A3 in my RSX for atleast a year. Im just trying to gather some info on places and prices till then.
maybe in year theyll go down in price :roll: ....one could only wish

1 - 4 of 4 Posts