Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, great site, im thrilled I came across this place.

Here is my question though, it's actually how I found the site, where are some places to purchase JDM K20A engines. I found a previous thread started where some people stated they could be found for 6000-3500, including one person who said E Tuning has them for 3500 or so all year round. Though no links were posted and im unable to find any aside from one on ebay.
The one I found on ebay was for roughly 6500, but it was a COMPLETE swap, included tranny, LSD, ecu, full harness, full suspension, brakes, EVERYTHING a whole front clip would have, aside from the body.

But, like I said, this is the only one ive managed to find, so I decided to throw out the question to the boards community. Where are some good, preferably reputable lol places to purchase a JDM K20A.

Thanx a bunch, and again, great site! :p

·
Registered
929 Posts
Realistic prices for the K20A Rspec is around 5g's. US type s 4 gs and si 3andahalfg's.

6 for front clip and 8-9 for whole car in half.

As far as companies TBA.

I paid full swap K20A jdm type r 5500 shipped

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
First of all thank you for supporting the site. I really appreciate it. I have some good news. I am going to start a new topic about it... STAY TUNED

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yah thanx a bunch I like the setup of the board itself! has a great look and feel to it. plus i think its great a community can be started just about the engine! lol thats so frickin awsome

any way, about what u posted nikos, a seperate thread would be an awsome idea! I mean there probally isnt an enormous amount of jdm k20a's on the market as the DC5 integra has only been around for 2 years now. not really enough time for some to get wrecked and the engines salvaged, yaddda yadda, and all the other ways we manage to import j-spec engines. So a thread dedicated to helping members find whats available would be an awsome idea!

supafly, can i ask man where u got yours? cause frankly, that sounds like an amazing deal! 5500 shipped is a VERY VERY reasonable price IMHO, and for it to be final deal and shipped to your door 5500 is A DAMN FIND! lol

·
Registered
929 Posts
no prob.

Personally I purchased mine through a company called zerolift.

It was part of a deal. I purchased the install kit from K20EG for my eg hatch and the motor and all the pieces needed from zerolift.

Im constantly researching for items mostly jdm ofcourse.

I'll post my findings eventually.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx guys

Well unlike most of you guys here, I dont own a Civic :wink: . So the install kits dont really apply to me. I own a base RSX and figure if in the years to come I want to do an engine swap, the K20A with its LSD and better 6-spd would be a better choice then then K20A2 from a Type-S.

Since the site itself is dedictaed to K20A's in general, its awsome, because it applies to ANYONE and car who can swap a K20

Again thanx for the thread u started their niko, and thanx supafly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
SuperDave said:
Hey guys, great site, im thrilled I came across this place.

Here is my question though, it's actually how I found the site, where are some places to purchase JDM K20A engines. I found a previous thread started where some people stated they could be found for 6000-3500, including one person who said E Tuning has them for 3500 or so all year round. Though no links were posted and im unable to find any aside from one on ebay.
The one I found on ebay was for roughly 6500, but it was a COMPLETE swap, included tranny, LSD, ecu, full harness, full suspension, brakes, EVERYTHING a whole front clip would have, aside from the body.

But, like I said, this is the only one ive managed to find, so I decided to throw out the question to the boards community. Where are some good, preferably reputable lol places to purchase a JDM K20A.

Thanx a bunch, and again, great site! :p
hi,
im that guy whio mention e tuning.Im not from usa,im currently working in japan.I own a dc5r over in singapore.There are lots of k20A's .Lots of half cuts.I dont see why its so difficult to obtain the k20A.If you guys really want i can take some pictures to show u all.You can talk the workshop which i obtain the engine from.They are call e tuning

cheers

·
Registered
122 Posts
I got my jdm K20a motor from www.rcrewracing.com. they are located in the bay area. they had 5 motors initially and I got the pick of the litter. But I checked to day and they only have one left. they are getting 2 more in a couple weeks.

motor was complete with harness, axles, shift cables, ecu, subframe, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanx taqman15, i checked that link and there currently selling a k20A from a DC5-R for 5500, COMPLETE swap!

the prices keep getting better and better :)

I dont know, im not planning on purchasing a K20A to replace the K20A3 in my RSX for atleast a year. Im just trying to gather some info on places and prices till then.
maybe in year theyll go down in price :roll: ....one could only wish

·
Registered
929 Posts
I understand that SuperDave..

I like how they apparently send the front suspension with it.

Less likely to be missing parts.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
nikos said:
Here's some advice.... lol

go to www.google.com

Type k20a swaps

Click on I am feeling lucky :p
#2 on the list not bad
thats what I call exposure

1 - 16 of 16 Posts