Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market to buy a header and I was wondering where could I get my hands on one??? btw, I have a k20a2 in a EG.

thanks

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
DTR is now known as SSR ( Six Sigma Race Engineering). check out there website to order. SixSigmaRacing.com. your best bet is to call them. look under contact info on the website

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,916 Posts
i love my hytech header....

·
Registered
101 Posts
was in love w/ my b-series DTR/SSR header .. amazing quality/results .. good communication. great bunch of guys. helped walk me through all my questions. good stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
either header is icing on the K....

Hytech..look to make about 6whp gain on already tuned K20s. Tuned already as in consisting of a race header tune. of course this was on a supercharged set up at 10psi. So I am saying that the custom hytech header made 6whp baseline over guys tune.

normally I post crap in left field but this is true.

It will be the last header you'll need

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,916 Posts
also welds will never crack.... John's work is amazing...

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,916 Posts
thats a mighty fine header there.. looks strangely familiar :p

i've been happy with my hytech for quite some time.

hey doug hope you don't mind me using a few pics of ur header pics to show the quality welds...

merry christmas

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That hytech looks great!

But between these 2 header's... Is there really difference or just name? I've seen bunch of people use both of these header's and get very good results.

Also, why does hytech use a baffle looking thing near the head on the first turn down??

Thanks

·
Registered
674 Posts
That hytech looks great!

But between these 2 header's... Is there really difference or just name? I've seen bunch of people use both of these header's and get very good results.

Also, why does hytech use a baffle looking thing near the head on the first turn down??

Thanks
Both Hytech and SSR are great, but I am leaning towards an ASP header.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my builder say's DTR... and I like Hytech because they are in SOCAL.. local. Make sure it fits nice and snug
I emailed John and he told me 1300 plus shipping... I've got a few folks pmed me thats selling their SSR header for a great price so I'll probably end up getting that

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts

Thanks
search "anti-reversion chambers" or "anti-reversionary"...there was a good article a while back in honda-tuning magazine. I believe it allows for better response from a partial throttle. you tend to see them on his roadrace headers but not so much on the all out drag headers .

did anyone that was at PRI happen to get a look or a pic of his new collector design?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts