Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed my shifter and have the cable under the car however I am wondering what way would be the least constrictive or putting less stress on the lines. if you have any pics please post them

thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
that is a good question, i would like to know the same. I am starting to figure this k-series swap stuff out. All because of this site. thanx

-Braxton

And pix would help out alot. :)

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey guys i have a ek hatch with a k20 swap in it and ive been running it for about 3 months now and i have had no problems with my shift cables running through the fire wall and mounting the shifter box on top of the floor unlike hasports k20swap. if you are wondering were i did my swap at Groundzeromotorsports in portland.

·
Registered
122 Posts
sloboy_hatch said:
with taking out the heater core you will no longer have a heater right? I also sawq that the the hondata car had them running near the header under the car.
yes you will not have the use of the heater anymore. If you are still going to keep the heater core, you will most likely have to drill a hole. See the pics from the post a made above.

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
Okay, just need a little clarification for myself. If I drill the hole through the firewall like what was previously posted I will still be able to keep the heater core, correct? This is on a EG CX hatch.

·
Registered
122 Posts
TrueZen said:
Okay, just need a little clarification for myself. If I drill the hole through the firewall like what was previously posted I will still be able to keep the heater core, correct? This is on a EG CX hatch.
correct. there are plenty of areas where you can drill a hole that will not interfere with your heater core. for instance the area right in front of the hole for the old/stock shift linkage

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
taqman15 said:
since I removed my a/c, I ran the cables through the hole wehre the heater core went. That way I didn't have to drill any holes. Katman actually drilled a hole.

Katman:

yeah yeaah...

here's some updated pics of my shifter cable routing:

http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/k20stuff/shifter.cable-routing.01.jpg

http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/k20stuff/shifter.cable-routing.02.jpg

http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/k20stuff/shifter.cable-routing.03.jpg

yay.
Those pics were very helpful while i was installing my shiftlinkage, but i think the drill bit size may be a typo.

I could not fit both cables thru a 1 1/4" hole no matter which way i tried to do it. Looking at the pics, and then looking at the bit i bought, i'm thinking that may be a 1 1/2 to 1 5/8 inch holesaw bit in the pics.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Does anyone have larger views of the pics in the links? When I open each link the pics are about 1" X 1". Can't click on them to enlarge.

Doing research because I think my EG will be K powered. When I get her. EK will be GSR daily :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.