Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPS wants 100 a wheel to ship my 19"s off my m5 with tires. Anyway i remember people saying about 30-40 a wheel to ship ? Where can i get these prices at ?:up:

·
Registered
291 Posts
In for answers, my roommate is about to sell/ship his 19" volks.

In my experience shipping large oversized items, FedEx is the most reasonably priced. I've shipped several exhaust midpipes through them without trouble.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
I always used UPS..... USPS has a 70lb limit I think.....

It's probably so much for you because of the size of the box that it is in and the weight... But that is still a lil much IMO

·
Registered
39,473 Posts
The 30-40 price u heard is probably for 15-16 inch forged lightweight wheels but 100 a wheel sounds like a lot..bump for more info :up:

·
Premium Member
15,764 Posts
UPS wants 100 a wheel to ship my 19"s off my m5 with tires. Anyway i remember people saying about 30-40 a wheel to ship ? Where can i get these prices at ?:up:
How are you wrapping them? Or boxing them?

I shipped some 19's off of my m3 a few months back, they were staggered so the rear wheels were wider and bigger. When i went to fedex the girl started flirting with me, i put just the 1 front wheel on the scale. After she weighd it and assumed they were all the same, she accidently split the weight of the 1 wheel to all 4 wheels, when i noticed my total was only 50.00$ for all 4 19" wheels and tires i was like "umm i think theres some mistake in the weights"
She looked at me with a smile and said "to late to do anything now".
I walked out of there lookin like :D :dance:..

So now its all strictly fedex for me. ( i try to get the same girl when i go)

·
Registered
638 Posts
How are you wrapping them? Or boxing them?

I shipped some 19's off of my m3 a few months back, they were staggered so the rear wheels were wider and bigger. When i went to fedex the girl started flirting with me, i put just the 1 front wheel on the scale. After she weighd it and assumed they were all the same, she accidently split the weight of the 1 wheel to all 4 wheels, when i noticed my total was only 50.00$ for all 4 19" wheels and tires i was like "umm i think theres some mistake in the weights"
She looked at me with a smile and said "to late to do anything now".
I walked out of there lookin like :D :dance:..

So now its all strictly fedex for me. ( i try to get the same girl when i go)
Pics of said girl or it never happened.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
you packing them up individually or 1 large box?

·
Registered
100 Posts
USPS...should be around $250 for all four. Because I just ship out 4 20'' rim n tires and they charge me total of $258.90. I pack it each in its own box.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Where is it coming from and going to?

·
Banned
509 Posts
UPS also uses a dimesional weight formula.

For example I order bubble wrap wich is SUPER light but because of the dimensions the price is thru the roof.

If you ever wonder why bubble wrap is pricy at your local store it's because of shipping charges.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'd recommend going with FedEx. I believe I used them when I shipped some 17's a while back, that weren't by any means lightweight. I went to the local Les Schwab (Rim/Tire shop) at the time, and got some boxes from some 20's for free, and used those to ship the wheels in. I believe I paid damn close to $100 for all four wheels to ship.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Have you checked to see how much it would be to strap two wheels together? That might save you quite a bit. When we did shipping we always sent them in boxes of 2.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts