Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my first time on this site so i don't know how to find info so i apologize if you get this thread a lot.

i just bought a wrecked '02 rsx type s six speed and need to know where i can get the custom parts such as motor mounts, axles, exhaust header wiring harness and whatever other needed parts i don't yet know about to swap this motor in my '98 civic ex. all i saw on hasports website was the motor mounts. where do i get the rest? i have pics of the motor if yall r interested but i couldn't figure how to post em.

·
Registered
54 Posts
check the k20a.org market place thats a start :wink:

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
It is my personal opinion but it would be to your benefit to first understand the individual pieces of the swap and then make better decisions that will save you money in the short and long run.

Once you understand what exactly each piece does of the swap kit, then you can weigh all your options.

Mounts: You have 3 options. hasport, hybrid racing or custom mounts

Fuel lines and fuel pressure regulator: Once you understand how it works, you can get that from any auto parts store or summitracing.com or jegs.com

Fuel rail : I recomment the Golden Eagle one because of the cheap price and good quality $120 shipped at www.camp1230.com

cluth line: you can make your own, buy a used one from a junkyard or order a custom one.

harness: Again you nca follow hondata's diagram http://www.k20a.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=655
or pay someone like hasport or hybrid racing to do it for you

Axles you pretty much have to buy those. Axles are specific to the mount kit so you cannot buy hasport EK axles for the hybrid mounts... etc...

Header, youhave many choiced... around 8... depends hopw much you can afford... it will cost you anywhere from $300-$1400

You will also need misc stuff like an idler pulley or a aftermarket pulley to fit a custom belt, etc...

Anything you need to know more about just ask :)

·
Registered
929 Posts
ALSO... an option is...

I have documented my swap and put it on a cd using power point.
Has over 130 pics with tutorial. I sell 20.00 shipped if interested.

I also help with ?'s etc.. on AIM, Email, PM etc...

Good luck. Anything I can do to help please let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts