Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting a full paintjob with my swap and was seeing what holes i had to make in the firewall if any for the swap. I was thinking i would have to make one for the throttle cable. Would I? Anymore?

BTW this would be in a EG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,016 Posts
Soda Popinski said:
Im getting a full paintjob with my swap and was seeing what holes i had to make in the firewall if any for the swap. I was thinking i would have to make one for the throttle cable. Would I? Anymore?

BTW this would be in a EG
None for the throttle cable, you just replace the existing one. You may have to drill a hole for the shifter cables depending on how you route them.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,171 Posts
hybrid racing said:
why PM, let everybody in on the info? :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
why is everyone so quick at cutting into their tunnel

thats the last thing i want to do :S

it looks bad/hackjob imo, every time a see one of those hacks i cringe
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,171 Posts
NickZED20 said:
why is everyone so quick at cutting into their tunnel

thats the last thing i want to do :S

it looks bad/hackjob imo, every time a see one of those hacks i cringe
everyone does that so you can keep the stock shifter cover on and so it doesn't look all mickey moused or hacked up without the shifter cover. With the cover on over the tunnel you can't even see the cut through the tunnel...

I am interested in seeing some more pic's, what exactly needs to be done to get all this put in, and what exactly is included in your guys little shifter kit?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,224 Posts
Before installing the box we installed thin sheet metal over all the edges. Once the box was installed we sealed any holes with dynamat and sheet metal to ensure a leak free install.

I will get some more picks shortly.

The kit comes with everything you need to mount the bracket under the car as well as to mount the shifter box to the bracket.

The shifter and bracket clear the exhaust as well as the center console and cup holders.

We can also provide you with the shifter box if need be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
That is my car in the pics. So far, it seems stock to me. It is very solid. I get just a little radiated heat, no drafts. Will did a great job! :up:

The only drawback I can find is that now I have to put my cig lighter on the left side of the stick! :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
jon v said:
everyone does that so you can keep the stock shifter cover on and so it doesn't look all mickey moused or hacked up without the shifter cover. With the cover on over the tunnel you can't even see the cut through the tunnel...
i am very aware what the goal is, i just think knowing that i cut into the tunnel like that (even if it doesnt show) would bother me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
sorry if this a noob (to k series) question but cant you just use a 90-93 accord shifter box and if you use the rcrew shift adapter does it work with the center counsel also would the accord one?
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top