Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been doing a lot of lurking and absorbing a lot of useful information but one thing i cant seem to find is max offsets...im trying to figure out how wide of a wheel/tire combo i can stuff under my ek...as of right now i have 225/35R17 on it all the way around with no issues except for the positive camber i need to run to keep it from rubbing on the back half. theres a set of wheels that i know nothing about except they are 17x7.5 and are about 30lbs a piece...i was looking at getting a track set with 16x8 RPF1s but i dont know if they will rub the fender or rub on the inside depending on the offset...if you could point me in the right direction id be grateful

·
K24 USDM EG
26,856 Posts
I stuffed a 16x8 rpf with a +15 offset under my fenders. but i had lot of camber.

i think you could fit a 16x8 with like a +35/+42 offset. tire will play alot in fitment too.

lot of this depends on your ride height too.

·
Registered
21,787 Posts
I have had a 17x9 +45 with a 255/40 on it on my Ek. only fender rolled, minimal camber, no inner well rubbing, just some fender, very minor. my 900lb front spring rate helped with that though. heres a pic....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so theres nothing as far as rubbing on the inside of the tire with the 225/40r17? my ride height is quite low and i have a 10k springs...and whats your opinion on rolling fenders i havent seen any in person for the eks does it look bad or can you generally not tell? and could you post the link to the picture im deployed and the pictures dont show up...

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have had a 17x9 +45 with a 255/40 on it on my Ek. only fender rolled, minimal camber, no inner well rubbing, just some fender, very minor. my 900lb front spring rate helped with that though. heres a pic....

My god i want that front lip !!!!

·
Registered
21,787 Posts
I'll be trying 15x8 +40 slipstreams with 225 rs3's next year.
this will definitely fit. thats what the daily wheels and tires are on seek speed eric's EK.

those mugen wheels and lip have been sold. that pic is 4 years old. on to mugen aero, not lip, and m7's, not mf10's. see avatar.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
I run 17x8 + 42 all the way around on my em1. Front tires are potenza re11's 235/40 w/ a -2 camber. The rear tires are nitto 555 235/45 w/ -4 camber (rolled fenders). Will be running a smaller tire in the rear very shortly. Just waiting on a part to come in before I go get an alignment again. Front barley rubs on full turn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts