Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to swap my 92 si hatch it will be stock for a while (the k swap) whats the fastest or most given power from a stock k? k24a2? thanks in advance

·
duct tape and zip ties
9,162 Posts
Boosted? Na? Bolt ons? Chassis modifications? No clear answer, without a clear question.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Fastest stock motor? My car, of course. :new_slayer:

But really....out of the box....your chassis will love a K.

I have the Type R and love it. But I almost got a K24A2 just never found one local when I was buying. Those are my two choices. I don't prefer any OEM Frankenstein set ups for daily (LSV Frankenstein tainted me).

Transmission and gear choices make a big difference too.

But, as Screech stated, there are too many variables. Keep educating yourself and the decision will come to light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boosted? Na? Bolt ons? Chassis modifications? No clear answer, without a clear question.
NA, i plan on working on it but first i just want to get a k in my hatch itll be a while before i start "building it" as the cost for the swap its self is killing me haha

·
Registered
29 Posts
im sure someone will correct me if im wrong but wouldn't the answer simply be a k24a2? in any two swaps using all the same parts aside from the long block wouldn't the highest rated motor be the obvious choice?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Pretty general question. As stated above, there are many variables. I chose '06+ K24a2 because of the larger displacement(more tq) and "better" head and cams. This of course is an all motor set up. Do some more research, and you'll come up with the motor that suits your goals. :)

·
Registered
876 Posts
My stock K24a3 put out approx. 210HP on the dyno with approx. 185ft/lb of torque. I think that is the best solution for stock setup in the EG chassis.

Peter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts