Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im putting my motor back together and i wanted to know whats the best headgasket to use??? k20a block, z1 head

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Im going oem also, but the new gasket I got for my 90mm motor from Cometic looks really nice also.

Stock bore = oem gasket
Bigger bore = Cometic :up:

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,647 Posts
Which bores can I use OEM? I'm going 87.5mm in my K24 build. OEM has oversized 87.5mm pistons available so will a stock K24 head gasket work? What if I go 88mm?

I saw Cometic mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
i had to dremel out my oem headgasket for use with an 87.5mm piston
Then it wasnt a K24 head gasket as they are 88mm, sounds like you used a K20 head gasket.

·
Pepsi Soprano
1,365 Posts
YOU CAN GET OEM CUT BY GOLDEN EAGLE ALLTHE WAY TO 91 I THINK.
HERES MINE AT 90MM.

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,647 Posts
Then it wasnt a K24 head gasket as they are 88mm, sounds like you used a K20 head gasket.
Nice. So, this means I can use the OEM K24 head gasket for bores up to 88mm?

What was the OEM K20 head gasket at? 86? 87?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I believe golden eagle overbores oem units...this would be your best bet when you bore your cylinders larger than oem specs.

·
Registered
247 Posts
how aout if you have A k24a1 block and want to slap a k24a2 head on it what head gasket would you have to use as i have been told that if you use the crv gasket then it will over heat therefore you have to get the tsx gasket..... is this true or is there anyone who can clear this up????????

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
how aout if you have A k24a1 block and want to slap a k24a2 head on it what head gasket would you have to use as i have been told that if you use the crv gasket then it will over heat therefore you have to get the tsx gasket..... is this true or is there anyone who can clear this up????????
You will want to use the TSX HG along with the coolant divertor(partition plate) as well.

The normally accepted procedure is to match the HG to the block, but in this case as the blocks are basically identicle(the only thing being different is the use of the coolant divertor) you match the HG to the head. All of the blocks can accept the coolant divertor.

The redesign of the head for the coolant flow on the heads with the coolant outlet on the end(K24A2/A4, K20Z3) along with the coolant divertor, change the path to help with the hot spots on the front of the #2,#3 cylinders. You can see the differences in the head gaskets in this pic, pink areas show the different coolant openings. The top HG is the K20A2/K24A1 style and the bottom is the K24A2/A4, K20Z3 style.

what oem gasket to use with an k24a1 block and type s head??
i bought an a4 gasket but havent opened it yet.
You would want an K24A1 HG as the A4 has a different coolant path than the A1 block and K20A2 head.

·
Pepsi Soprano
1,365 Posts
Nice good info i thought they were the same .
I still want to go to your shop for some work.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts