Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

· Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
while im at it ... how is the rsx alt. puller removed, and how is the new one installed?????

and most importantly, is this something that can be done while the motor is already in an eg chasis, or does it have tobe done out of the car????

· F1 Junky
2,021 Posts
I got my AEM alternator pulley by buying the AEM pulley kit from Import Auto Salvage. The set came off a totalled RSX-S. The P/S pulley was a little dinged up, but since I'm not using it that doesn't matter. As far as removing and replacing the alternator pulley that was a job that came down to using an impact wrench.

· Registered
526 Posts
yeah looks good i'm thinking about doing it this way as well so then all i need is the rsx aem pulley kit and the belt?? also does advance auto parts have a web site?

· Registered
18 Posts
92hatchattack said:
Ive read, anmd even seen pictures that its possible to run a 3 pulley setup. I will be running no ac and no ps.. so all i need to run is the alt and water pump.

Is the 3 pulley setup more reliable than one with the EP3 idler pulley??? I keep hearing people having a hard time ith that idler pulley.

So how reliable is the 3 pulley setup, and what needs to be done to get it to work?????

I ran a 3 pulley setup on my K20A w/ a belt that was 1/4" too thin, but whatever. it ran fine.

· Registered
56 Posts
b16crxkid said:
Sorry to bump this old thread, but its good info people should see anyway.

A car we're doing a K20A2 in at the shop wanted to run a 3 pulley setup. We used STR pulleys since the AEM was discontinued. Ill let everyone know how it turns out.
Thanks for bumping. I haven't found the single discontinued AEM pulley yet and was planning to make a custom pulley that was just a bit larger or look into making a new bracket to relocate the alternator up just a bit.

I also had a hard time finding STR. Their old web site was www.strpower.com but I found another link which said "Note: STR has changed there name to BDL Industries. Get more info on this change at www.bdlind.com."

But I can't find any k-series parts listed on their site: http://www.bdlind.com/camgears.htm

Please let us know how it turns out and please post any part #s.

----

PS....

From http://www.racingworks.com/str_underdrive_pulleys.htm

I see this set and would love to run an underdrive pulley since I'm making a race motor that will be spinning 8k+ all the time but had written that off because the belts would come together just above the water pump pulley for sure with a smaller crank pulley.

· Premium Member
4,085 Posts
This wouldnt be practical for me, with a full size rad, ekk1 mounts you cant take the alternator off without removing the radiator. now with the rbc i cant take the rad out without taking off the rbc. so screw that lol.

so anyone with a setup like this dont waste your money to find out it wont work.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.