Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· F1 Junky
2,021 Posts
I'm running the 3-pulley setup and have had it running for about 3K miles so far. Not using any spacer for tensioning but the tension on the belt is good enough. Yes the belt does run close to itself at the top of the water pump pulley, but again the tension is enough so it won't touch itself. I'm using the AEM alternator pulley and the Poly Cog belt. So far the belt shows no signs of wear whatsoever.

Edit: Nikos, as far as replacing the belt it's pretty easy, by removing the alternator I had my belt put on and tightened the alternator back down in less than 5min. I think replacing a belt on the 3-pulley setup might be easier than if using the idler pulley.

· F1 Junky
2,021 Posts
I got my AEM alternator pulley by buying the AEM pulley kit from Import Auto Salvage. The set came off a totalled RSX-S. The P/S pulley was a little dinged up, but since I'm not using it that doesn't matter. As far as removing and replacing the alternator pulley that was a job that came down to using an impact wrench.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.