Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tryin to find out what wheels are these. Can anyone help me out?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
sad, i was giving benefit of the doubt :-(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the response. i didnt know they where rotas.

·
Banned
159 Posts
who really cares man, rotas or volks... they look almost identical. For me personally, id spend half the price on something that looks just as good, and put more into that little engine of ours...

personally i dont like those, but that was just my .02 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
who really cares man, rotas or volks... they look almost identical. For me personally, id spend half the price on something that looks just as good, and put more into that little engine of ours...

personally i dont like those, but that was just my .02 :thumbsup:
actually alot of people care, quality of the rims means alot during racing. plus why would u spend less money on something thats used 100% of the time by the car?

·
Infinite levels to this..
25,372 Posts
actually alot of people care, quality of the rims means alot during racing. plus why would u spend less money on something thats used 100% of the time by the car?
quote the truth.

there's plenty of rims that you can get that will give you that concave look that are originals and cheaper than volks. take pride in buying something that isn't from a company that steals ideas from others and has no pride in their work. that use to be the american way......

·
Banned
159 Posts
Nothing was mentioned about racing. And as long as you attempt to take care of yourcar there shouldn't bemuch of a problem with quality unless you really got like a five dollar rim..

quote the truth.

there's plenty of rims that you can get that will give you that concave look that are originals and cheaper than volks. take pride in buying something that isn't from a company that steals ideas from others and has no pride in their work. that use to be the american way......
A lot of companys steal each others ideas. That is the american way.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see why many people dont like copies like rotas and other companys out there cause the quality is not there. Ive seen copied rims break and crack but i have seen a factory honda rim crack also. It really those come down to the way you drive and treat the wheel. If you drive throu every pothole in the city your volks or works are gonna break too.

·
Banned
159 Posts
I see why many people dont like copies like rotas and other companys out there cause the quality is not there. Ive seen copied rims break and crack but i have seen a factory honda rim crack also. It really those come down to the way you drive and treat the wheel. If you drive throu every pothole in the city your volks or works are gonna break too.
Exactly.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
When a human being can get into a car without seeing the wheels, drive it and tell whether they are Volks or Rotas, i will listen to his opinion on "real vs fake". but until then, its all just bullshit. end of story.

and if you ask me, those wheels look like trash not because they are rotas, but because the owner is trying to pull off that "low offset drifter" look that has become so popular the last 2 yrs. what happened to wheels like Sw388s that are just a bit wider with a higher offset for the explicit purpose of fitting MORE RUBBER underneath your car?

since when did putting 185mm tires on your car become a good idea?

and one last thing...id rather see a Rota with a R888 wrapped around it than a volk with a falken ziex 512 40 dollar tire like you normally see. im not a rota lover, 4 sets of volks myself, im just a real vs fake drama hater.

·
Registered
44,673 Posts
When a human being can get into a car without seeing the wheels, drive it and tell whether they are Volks or Rotas, i will listen to his opinion on "real vs fake". but until then, its all just bullshit. end of story.
Don't start that. You think that there is no difference in a forged monoblock TE37 from Rays and a cast copy from Rota? I have seen pictures of Rotas failing...never seen one of a Rays wheel though.

·
Registered
316 Posts
To many fanbois in the thread.

I know plenty rota wheels deep into the 10's wrapped in slicks.
and some that do auto-x and never had a problem. I have seen pictures of
some rims failing. But only in pictures Iam from an area were there is alot of
modding and racing. Never have I seen popular rotas fail.

Some people have different priorities for there car, some like str-8 line racing
others like curves. Some like speed and other like bling and not everyone can do all. Its usually one or the other.

I get my adrenaline rush and thrill from raw power, not driving around in 2-3k$ wheels. If I could do both I would, Iam not biased towards expensive UBER JDM rims. I would love to own a set of gram lights but I dont, Iam a OEM wheel guy for the record. Like many on here most of us would rather drop 3k on a couple of spare LSD trannies.

No need to bash on rotas, or talk about how much PRIDE you have in driving around
in original wheels. Pride gets you shot and ruins relationships.. Not to mention the typical "AMERICAN WAY" that put the U.S. in severe debt to fight a war that we didnt even win or have to go to, also not mentioning all the lives lost...

Like I said some people have different opinions on EVERYTHING, this is just mine.

·
K24 USDM EG
26,855 Posts
yeah i guess since you cant afford VOLKS your suppost to rock steelies cause spending 400-600 on a set of new rotas is just totally out of the question.... who the hell wants to make there car look good for cheap....

get the f**k out of here with that. shut up.. tired of reading about how rota is not road worthy and wont get any credit... WHO CARES!

if your worried about coping ideas then thats the whole honda scene down the drain.... :wow:

·
Registered
84 Posts
How many times have any of us seen a wheel "fail" that didnt take some kind of rediculous abuse like a curb, a wall, or even another car...Just because a wheel dosnt cost a million $ dosnt mean its going to fail after days/weeks/years at the track...they all have to meet DOT safetly regulations anyway so as long as thier light first and for most and you like the way they look who the the hell cares!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.