Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a engine swap on a 94 Honda civic Canadian dx hatch. I have a 2014 k24a2 engine, I am wondering what manual transmissions fit onto this engine.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I am doing a engine swap on a 94 Honda civic Canadian dx hatch. I have a 2014 k24a2 engine, I am wondering what manual transmissions fit onto this engine.
if 5 speed 02-05 civic si or base rsx 02-04 for 6 speed 02-04 acura rsx type s, 5 speed has lighter rotating assembly while 6 speed gives more conditional options and shorter gear ratio. you must have the cables and shifter specific to your application. there are swap sets if needed but i never used one before so not one to give advice on that. basically you can use any k series trans that uses the old type speedo with some exceptions like weird things like crv awd or rdx and your stuffed for a helical dif as they were only in jdm type r models then but a first gen dc5r trans will go also or a ep3 type r trans and i think the cl7 euro r but dont quote me on the cl7. i hope this helps you in the right direction k.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts