Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking and nobady says what kind of tranny oil they are using in the k-series tranny. i heard good things about GM synchromesh and i have also thought about using royal purple. what are your guys' thoughts?

·
Banned
320 Posts
In trannies that work like they're supposed to I use Honda Genuine MTF. I have tried GM Syncromesh in the past on trannies that had a slight grind and it did seem to eliminate it. I haven't tried the Royal Purple Syncromax yet but I did talk to the Royal Purple rep about it at SEMA and he was very confident that it would outperform GM Syncromesh as that was their design target when they developed it. This is not the regular Royal Purple MTF it's called Syncromax.

That said there is no reason to run anything other than Honda Genuine MTF really.

·
Registered
285 Posts
im using pennzoil synchromesh, which is the same as GM synchromesh and texaco. the pennzoil cost ~$5 per quart and i think the GM cost like ~$10 per quart?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.