Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to start my car this weekend, and i forgot that before i took her apart. and all that she still had like 3 or 4 gallons of 87 frmo the old D motor.

What can i add in her to make it safe enough to crank up for the first time?

Also does gas go bad? I took the car apart like May 14th and it is now sep. Its been 5 months basically. LOL I know.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
throw in some octane booster or even just drygas then just go fill it up with 93. or, just drive easy till ur near empty and fill up on the good stuff

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a bad idea. ANyone else have any suggestions? I remember by going to the paint store by buying i think like toulene or something, it ups your octane a whole lot. If i used the right term right. Anyone remember this or heard about this?

·
Banned
4,358 Posts
its not like its going to blow up if you have 87 in it. Just fill it up at the gas station after its running. Dont get on it, but i dont think the CR is high enough to worry. Worst case it should just retard the timing and light pinging. If you are really crazy about it head down to a paint store and pick up some xylene or tuolene. They have active octane ratings of 117 and 119.
Kris

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
i have a 12.5 compression build bottom end in my car... when i first started my car i had a full tank of year old 87 octane

what i did was i got a small pond water pump i had laying around and i pumped it out into a 20L gas tank (almost filled twice) and put it into my friends stock 93 corolla... i took off the fuel pump under the rear seat in order to access the tank easiest

if i was in your position i would probably drain it just for shits, and then put in a few liters of 93 and then drive it to the gas station to fill it up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.