Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i got a k24 block and k20 typ s head. Mild Build with 12.5 compression all motor. What Rims should i get??

I wanted 15 inch GSR BLADES but just found out that 16's have a hella better top speed ...
Here is a link

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7317

Shows how the 16 inch rims have like a 20mph top speed difference than a 15inch rim.

So does this mean i should get a 16 inch rim or even 17 inches??

I am using this car on the weekend and at the drag strip for fun. (Car is not finished but in time it will be) PLease post what you think what kind of wheel i shoudl use. I want a good top speed. Also with my torque you would think i can use a 16 or 17 inch rim. Let me know what you think. -Bryce

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
16's FTMFW!!!!!!!!

Nothing more, Nothing less..

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Also... You should also not only be concerned with acceleration.... Think about braking as well.... Bigger wheels are gonna be harder to stop em.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
180 MPHhmm, I wanna hit 200 MPH. BUt not often!!

Well just sux i wanted some stock Acura wheels. I was set on the GSR Blades.

Anyone know of some badass 16 inch acura rims? 4x100
SO white crx You run with 16 inch rims Bro>>>??

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
180 MPHhmm, I wanna hit 200 MPH. BUt not often!!

Well just sux i wanted some stock Acura wheels. I was set on the GSR Blades.

Anyone know of some badass 16 inch acura rims? 4x100
SO white crx You run with 16 inch rims Bro>>>??

200mph??? Man what are you trying to do? I dont think a Crx needs to be doing those speeds.. You have too many things to think about trying to go that damn fast in that car. It's a Pepsi can. Ive been 160 in mine but 200 is just ridiculous... Where are you going to find that road for that? Then you have to worry about stopping, losing control, hitting something in the road or avoid hitting something in the road. Also what if something happens to you at 200mph in that car with no airbags anywhere, it's compact. Not a good idea man....

You can get acura 16" rims but 5 lug.
But yea I run 16's only on the Crx..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well first of all. The top speed issue i prolly want ever hit that, but u never know. I will be safe and if i do hit that speed i'll let you know haha. But i really wanted to run some 15 inch rims. ANd i heard that diameter is really all that matters not exactly the rim size. To corresspond with a tranny. The bigger the diameter the better the higher the mph is through each gear.

So what tires are you running on your rims??

Cus i want 15 inch rims. BUt i guess i need to go with bigger tires so my diameter is long enough to have a better mid range mph and top speed mph though all my gears!

For example,a Base rsx Tranny 5 speed (tranny code W2M5) with 225-50-16 tires has these mph speeds
1st gear - 44mph
2nd gear- 76 mph
3rd gear- 118 mph
4th gear- 155mph
5th gear 194 mph

But with a 205-50-15 size tire the speeds are
1st gear- 40mph
2nd gear- 70mph
3rd gear- 109 mph
4th gear 144 mph
5th gear- 180 mph

So obviously tires size matters. So please help here is a link about trannies and tires sizes http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7317
Any additional help would be appreciated. Thanx everyone!!

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
this thread hurts my brain... how do you figure wheel size has an effect on top speed?
180-200mph HA, Hondata can "only" make a CRX go 178mph with the right setup, aero, high end power, gearing etc and this is at the Salt Flats. Goodluck going 200mph on the street in a CRX, thats a pipe dream and a death wish.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK. Well I will do it more people against me makes me wanna do it MORE!!

I will have a youtube video when i get my Baby done. Well Most people are saying 16 inch rims i want the GSR blades 15inch rim. Thas what im gonna get just with a WIDE WIDE WIDE ASS tire so i can get more traction of course :):):).. Well Take it Ez everyone.

Anyone think a 5 speed tranny is better than a 6 speed tranny for a 2.4 liter all motor??

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
this thread hurts my brain... how do you figure wheel size has an effect on top speed?
180-200mph HA, Hondata can "only" make a CRX go 178mph with the right setup, aero, high end power, gearing etc and this is at the Salt Flats. Goodluck going 200mph on the street in a CRX, thats a pipe dream and a death wish.
I hit 200 all the time man... :p

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hit 200mph. WHats your setup and what tranny you using thanx..

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
lol.. He wasnt serious.....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hhaahaa . Damn. Well What tranny are you using for you K 20 1320 wht crx?

and which you tihnk is goof for my k24/k20 Build

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Type S is what I was using.

5spd is better overall because you will not shift as quickly as you would with the 6spd. It gives you more time in the gears. It all depends on what you want.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
did you use a Quafe or some LSD???

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
none

1 - 20 of 33 Posts